Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

drifting on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: drifting on a bike?

Bottom line those dudes are nuts. I could never imagine myself ever being that crazy. 170 in the mountains and traffic no thanks.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:33 PM

Yes I would agree that they are nuts or a little insane but also very good riders! I just wouldn't go as far as calling them ****ING IDIOTS especially people that I don't even know.

Mike

Old 07-21-2006, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

Yes I would agree that they are nuts or a little insane but also very good riders! I just wouldn't go as far as calling them ****ING IDIOTS especially people that I don't even know.

Mike
ok but i believe if they are endagering others as well as themself then they are ****ing idiots. its one thing to endanger yourself but not others

Old 07-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Their speedo's were in K/H but they were still hauling *** around the twisties. And anyone defending that "style" of riding (read: disregard for anyone else's safety) would change their tune if one of those guys crossed the center line and crashed head on into them. I'll give people props for having skills in the twisties when they can keep it in their own lane and still go fast. C'mon, if you were in the other lane and they smacked you head on you might ... just might call them a ****ing idiot.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Their speedo's were in K/H but they were still hauling *** around the twisties. And anyone defending that "style" of riding (read: disregard for anyone else's safety) would change their tune if one of those guys crossed the center line and crashed head on into them. I'll give people props for having skills in the twisties when they can keep it in their own lane and still go fast. C'mon, if you were in the other lane and they smacked you head on you might ... just might call them a ****ing idiot.
+1 for sure, especially about causing an accident

Old 07-22-2006, 04:02 AM

Ok back to the question at hand. Is that a type of drift or is that the fine line of control? In Karting when the wheels squeek you lose time and you have to tell yourself to calm down because the line of out of control comes up quick. Is it the same idea?

Old 07-22-2006, 06:07 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey
As for stunting I wouldn't go smaller than 600. My friend got a 93 900rr with a cage and a 12 bar and those bikes are notorious stunt bikes. I can't afford to get into stunting though so someone else will probably give you a better answer.
Well said HondaKidF1... all those responses were fine with me, but off the off topic!

Also, can't take cred for finding those clips, they were in the thread "CBR1000F for president" and they just interested me as far as the drifting concept is concerned.

Min 600cc for stunting hey...

Old 07-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: HondaKidF1

Ok back to the question at hand. Is that a type of drift or is that the fine line of control? In Karting when the wheels squeek you lose time and you have to tell yourself to calm down because the line of out of control comes up quick. Is it the same idea?
Those guys were hamming it up for the camera. Sliding the rear Kenny Roberts style will get you around a track faster but doesn't look as cool.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:11 AM

Yes if they crashed they would be idiots. The fact of the matter is they didn't and I'm sure they've been doing what they were doing for years. They probably go out there every day after work, you saw how many people were on the side of the road I'm sure they all know that road better than they know themselves. As far as drifting do you think they were just gettin hard on the rear break? You know like when you were a kid and tried to make a skid mark (not in your pants) and you'd kick the bike out to the side of you to make it as wide as possible? I don't know but thats just what it seems like to me. It was pretty cool though.

Mike

Old 07-23-2006, 12:02 AM

that was cool but cutting the yellow is kind of nuts to me. One more thing those guys were hauling but that is kilometers not mph so it is about half as fast as it looked there good riders but not the super studs everyone is building them up to be go to mullhulland or angeles crest on any given weekend and there are 100s or riders doing the same thing no big deal

Quick Reply: drifting on a bike?