Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

drifting on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 03:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drifting on a bike?

These two videos are of bikes going through lots of nice twisties... the part I'm interested in is the noise that the tyres make on some of the corners.

They seem to me to be drifting and it seems to happen when the road drops through a corner. If you want to do this sort of riding, do you still move your weight further into the corner to keep the bike as upright as possible, or am I seeing right when it looks like they are sitting high and laying the bike over further?

Stunters question... if you want to get into stunts, what's the ideal bike to learn on? My guess would be a naked 250 with smooth torque and really oversized rear sprocket. Steel frame and sticky tyres...?

Old 07-21-2006, 05:49 AM
Default RE: drifting on a bike?

What those guys were doing was mostly for show. Unless you're getting into supermoto you want your tires planted. A-stars a while back had a drift team with some talent but I'm not sure if they're still around.

As for stunting I wouldn't go smaller than 600. My friend got a 93 900rr with a cage and a 12 bar and those bikes are notorious stunt bikes. I can't afford to get into stunting though so someone else will probably give you a better answer.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:55 AM

PS great find on those videos. The second one was intense.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:21 AM

yea those vids are bad ***...

i am also lookin for a stunt bike.. i'm lookin at ones with salvage titles and such..

Old 07-21-2006, 07:32 AM

Those fools in those videos are complete ****ing idiots. That retard on the gixxer was taking completely blind turns in a full lean where there was pretty good traffic.

I hope he gets hit head on.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what happens when your luck runs out [8D]

Old 07-21-2006, 03:13 PM

how dare they use footage of my skills w/o asking permission...i can't believe those guys could ride like that for too long without taking a header into an on coming windshield...those crazy greeks!

Old 07-21-2006, 04:53 PM

Yay just more people on this forum that like to talk crap about other people and call them names because they are jealous of their skills!! Seems like maybe 50% of the people on here are like that they think if someone does something a little different than them they are stupid, dumb, idiots, squids, whatever. Pathetic if you ask me. People need to grow up and learn that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Mike

Edit** freakin awesome videos! I could only dream about having that kind of skill!

Old 07-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Rev

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

Yay just more people on this forum that like to talk crap about other people and call them names because they are jealous of their skills!! Seems like maybe 50% of the people on here are like that they think if someone does something a little different than them they are stupid, dumb, idiots, squids, whatever. Pathetic if you ask me. People need to grow up and learn that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Mike

not for nothing..there is a time and place to do things...not about jealousy...just a time and place to do things...

Old 07-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

Mike

Edit** freakin awesome videos! I could only dream about having that kind of skill!
They are voicing their opinion the same way you are dude. So if it's o.k. for YOU to do it then it's o.k. for them also. World don't revolve around YOU either.

Quick Reply: drifting on a bike?