Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Draggin a knee

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007 | 02:09 PM
Default RE: Draggin a knee

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

but then u gotta add in the cost of rentin a suit,
why would you rent a suit???? Just buy one. Its a one time cost and you're set for the rest of your trackdays.

gas to get there, new tires, lessons (since im a squid at doin this and all),
You don't need to get new tires specifically for a trackday. If you're tires have decent tread on them, just go with those. You shouldn't have to pay for lessons. You'll almost always find someone whose willing to give you a tow around the track, show you some lines, give you some feedback.

food (i like to eat a bit)
whether or not you went to the track, you'd have to eat, right??? So how is this an added track expense???

and then the estimated cost of something completely random happening, which since i have some of the worst luck it usually does.
This "cost" will be there regardless if you went to the track, riding the twisties, or posing at Starbucks. Again, how is this an added track expense????

Old 01-24-2007 | 03:22 PM

kewl breeze made it for me but that's cause i hooked him up with a helmet awhile ago...and we tight like that.
my suit cost me 675 new awhile ago. i don't ever wear it cause i wear a 2 piece these days to show off the abs...oh wait...that's my wife's bikini...muahhahha...

Old 01-24-2007 | 05:35 PM

Hey Diz, get in touch with Rob (the dude we rode to Stunt Wars with). I'm pretty sure that he and a couple other people are going to do a track day in North Florida, in February. They all have a lot of track experience and can probably help you out. They were talking about it Saturday night, when I saw them at the lot on Gulf-to-Bay (I took the cage).

All these guys are right, don't try it on the street. I did it once on an FZR 600, and though I did not crash, it hurts like hell if you don't have knee sliders or hit a stone.

Old 01-24-2007 | 05:51 PM
|

wow, u really musta had some time on ur hands to be quoting everything i said and breakin it down wit a response like that...for that u get the "Golf Clap". One, where do u get a new or even used set of leathers (im pretty sure those assless chaps one of my ****buddies puts on her tight lil body wont do me any good) and two, who the hell posts up at a starbucks? I didnt really get that one at all.

900, i never got robs number so im pretty much SOL on that one. I might be goin to the lot this weekend if it ever stops raining. But then again i heard its suppossed to rain this weekend

Old 01-24-2007 | 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

wow, u really musta had some time on ur hands to be quoting everything i said and breakin it down wit a response like that...for that u get the "Golf Clap". One, where do u get a new or even used set of leathers (im pretty sure those assless chaps one of my ****buddies puts on her tight lil body wont do me any good) and two, who the hell posts up at a starbucks? I didnt really get that one at all.

900, i never got robs number so im pretty much SOL on that one. I might be goin to the lot this weekend if it ever stops raining. But then again i heard its suppossed to rain this weekend
Don't worry Dude, I got it. I think he got your number last week from you. If it's not raining, I'll probably go up there too (in the cage).

Old 01-24-2007 | 08:52 PM

great video, i have been looking for some instruction like this on techniquerather than the stock "how to" on wheelies
...thanks

Old 01-24-2007 | 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: 900RR Puzzle

Hey Diz, get in touch with Rob (the dude we rode to Stunt Wars with). I'm pretty sure that he and a couple other people are going to do a track day in North Florida, in February. They all have a lot of track experience and can probably help you out. They were talking about it Saturday night, when I saw them at the lot on Gulf-to-Bay (I took the cage).

All these guys are right, don't try it on the street. I did it once on an FZR 600, and though I did not crash, it hurts like hell if you don't have knee sliders or hit a stone.
Be a man. Ever play tackle football in the street cause there were no parks around?
I'm bull****tin, definitly do it some where safe and gear up. It does sound like fun and games but you can get really hurt, just be ready. Safer than sorry.

Old 01-25-2007 | 05:01 PM

look for used leathers in the for sale section, ebay, etc.

i have a used spidi 1 piece slider f/s soon...size 52 euro...which is actually size 42 us...
it's very roomy in the booty and the stomach...all else is nice and snug...and that was back in my buff days...i think today i will fill out the stomach if i wear it...