Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

dragged my foot and my pegs haha

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dragged my foot and my pegs haha

Im not gonna flame ya. I was pretty happy when I scraped my foot peg's feeler. I only did it once and it was when we went down to the tail of the dragon. My knee was already on the ground when it hit. I was in a corner a bit hotter than I anticipated so I had to lean a bit more. But still a lot of fun.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:35 PM

Yes, go to thetrack and you will have a blast. If you have the technique already, the track will be great for you.I scrape my feet (toe sliders - that's why they are there) quite frequently; go through a set of ceraminc sliders about every two days. Knee pucks much longer, but they still get worn and replaced. I've also scraped footpegs (and they are rearsets), gearshift lever,brake pedal, and the lower fairings.

But never, everon the street. Street asphalt/traction usually s**ks.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:36 PM

I know I was planning on buying a set of pucks, I've been told I've gotten my knee close to the ground before, I just don't want to hit it in jeans so I'm not leaning down, I'm just hanging off the side. I'm just surprised cause I've gotten the bike low before but I never realized I was that low before till today. I don't normally go out being a ape and everything, because of both of my jobs and school I rarely get to go out for a quick ride like that let alone a nice all day ride, I haven't been on more than a hour ride since summer. I was reading this article I was really wanted to test out some of the things it said, like hanging off the bike, rolling the throttle on in the corner, using the rear brake, stuff like that, I got to apply all of this today and it really made me feel alot better getting into corners hot http://www.carolinariders.com/Track%.../KneeDown1.htm

Its just good to know where my limit is for when I get into a hairy situation, I think I might sign up for the advanced motorcycle safety course now cause I hear they will bring you to a track to train you.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: dinez74

What bike is that anyway? Newer bikes has much more higher pegs to avoid this kind of situation anyway. Really admire your skills but guess it is about the time you gear up with some knee pucks, learn to move out your *** whenever you hit the curves. Better still if you bring the whole thing to the track.
I was riding my 90 CBR600, my *** was out there, but I could have moved it more, and I could have gotten lower too, I was basically sitting upwith most of my *** off the seat and my knee sticking straight out so I didn't drag my knee

Old 12-25-2008, 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Psyco Diver 69
I think I might sign up for the advanced motorcycle safety course now cause I hear they will bring you to a track to train you.
You want and need a Trackday, not the Advanced MSF. The Advanced MSF is some neat stuff that will improve riding, but it is not going around a track dragging knee. In fact, mine was mostly SLOW manuevers.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Psyco Diver 69

ORIGINAL: dinez74

What bike is that anyway? Newer bikes has much more higher pegs to avoid this kind of situation anyway. Really admire your skills but guess it is about the time you gear up with some knee pucks, learn to move out your *** whenever you hit the curves. Better still if you bring the whole thing to the track.
I was riding my 90 CBR600, my *** was out there, but I could have moved it more, and I could have gotten lower too, I was basically sitting up with most of my *** off the seat and my knee sticking straight out so I didn't drag my knee
Cool bro .. when you go into corners without moving out your body means you are taking much more lean angle. Worth every inch of your tire for sure. [8D]

Old 12-26-2008, 03:16 AM

i remember how awesome that feeling is when u scrape a peg or ur shoe on the street.

but actually i learned its a sign of bad foot positioning. put ur the ball of ur foot on the pegs or even higher so they don't scrape. also draggin hard parts (peg in ur case) means ur leaning the bike good, but almost too good. hang off more instead so the bike is not leaned over too far. when you scrape those peg feelers its an indication that you're at the lean limit and you'll lowside if you lean the bike any further. just some advice.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Justice06RR

i remember how awesome that feeling is when u scrape a peg or ur shoe on the street.

but actually i learned its a sign of bad foot positioning. put ur the ball of ur foot on the pegs or even higher so they don't scrape. also draggin hard parts (peg in ur case) means ur leaning the bike good, but almost too good. hang off more instead so the bike is not leaned over too far. when you scrape those peg feelers its an indication that you're at the lean limit and you'll lowside if you lean the bike any further. just some advice.
Thats what I figured too, thats why I got to start hanging farther and lower off the bike and buy some knee pucks for when I go for a ride like that

Old 12-26-2008, 04:39 PM

put your foot on where the peg goes into the rearset, kinda like your foot is flat on the heel guard. takes more of a lean angle to drag knee but i like having to really put the bike down far to drag( and i got short lil legs) i mean after a track day or two its easy to reach out and scrap your puck if you want too haha i was loving it and ground down a puck in one track day lol.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:45 AM

I tried to be moreaggresive today, I stayed low over the tank and got my *** off the seat. Not used to that at all, the bike felt a little jittery, like it was trying to turn to much, but I was shifting my body around, I found my body wieght plays a big factor at that point and I need to be very smooth. I really want to get out to a track and play with this method, I could have easily dragged my knee, I really need pucks

This was the same corner as the other day, I had to wait for no cars to be in front of me, anyways I went into the corner slower than usual, kept the rpms around 4-5k to keep in the power, instead of sitting up like beforeI leaned down, kept the ***** of my feet on the pegs, stuck out my knee, and leaned completelt out with my *** completely off. I think I was going to slow to take advantage of this and thats why it was being a little twitchy, I think if I went in faster I would have been more stable, I went slower than I normally do which is way slower than I did the other day