Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

douchebag

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 02:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default douchebag

the kid looked like a character in a movie who date raped a girl from a rave. big colored designer sunglasses, spikey hair and popped collar. walks up to a YZF600R and proceeds to tell me how its so sick and thats what he wanted and then he called it an R1. now i dont know who has seen a 600r but that **** doesnt look remotely close to the r1. its like comparing a 99 cbr600f4 to a 07 1000rr. didnt know what the thing looked like but drove all the way down to my work to sit on the r1 he had his heart set on and ya know what......

id of sold it to him

Old 06-24-2007, 02:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: douchebag

This one kid I know (he is in high school) asked my why I didn't get the newer version of the Ninja 250. I told him that the Ninja 250 hasn't been changed in nearly 20 years. He then proceeds to explain to me how there is in fact a new design for the Ninja 250 that has a different fairing and headlight. I call him an idiot and walk away. Couple days later he is like you were right about the Ninja. I'm like no **** sherlock. I hate people who don't know jack **** about bikes but still argue with me.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:28 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: agentofdarkness

This one kid I know (he is in high school) asked my why I didn't get the newer version of the Ninja 250. I told him that the Ninja 250 hasn't been changed in nearly 20 years. He then proceeds to explain to me how there is in fact a new design for the Ninja 250 that has a different fairing and headlight. I call him an idiot and walk away. Couple days later he is like you were right about the Ninja. I'm like no **** sherlock. I hate people who don't know jaueck **** about bikes but still argue with me.
I hear ya... I just had a ****tard on the phone with me today, who obviously thought he knew more about my job than I do (I'm a diesel tech, factory trained/certified yada yada). Anyways, had a [real nice] lady come in today with an '05 Excursion, said it lost all power (electrical stuff). I take a quick look at it, but couldn't fully diagnose it right away cuz I was busy with something else. Battery light was on, batteries discharged (had to jump start), it wasn't charging at all. So this lady is from out of town (Naples, other side of the state) and had to get back, but she was gonna leave it with us. Then she called her husband in Naples and she got into it with him, I guess he didn't want her to leave it. They go round and round for a bit, then she gives the phone to me. I proceed to tell him the preliminary diag of what I believe it to be, but he starts off with this cocky attitude of "well if you had to jump start it then the batteries are no good... just put batteries in it it's under warranty!". I explain that faulty or discharged batteries will not cause the charge warning light to come on, only indicates a problem with the charging system, and replacing batteries would not fix the problem. Then he gets all defensive and ****, and starts his "dude I'm an electrical contractor, ok... if the battery light is on and it won't start then it needs batteries, just put them in!". I think to myself "GREAT, I'm sure you're very proud mr. electrical contractor, but you obviously don't have a clue how an automotive charging system works. That's why I'm the technician, and you're not! ". I'm just like, whatever dude I ain't dealing with your attitude, and gave him back to his wife. She was gonna take the truck, and I said good luck not gonna get very far and the truck is gonna die soon as those batteries are completely discharged. Needless to say, she didn't make it out of the parking lot before it died out, hahaha. So she told her husband to **** off, got a rental car for the day and went and watched her daughter in the horse show, left the truck with me.... needed an alternator, replaced it and charged the batteries up, charging fine and drove just great, and all electrical accesories working. Problem solved.... now was that really that hard?? Come on... if they would have just listened to me in the first place [:@]

Old 06-24-2007, 04:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the funniest thing is guys in here who act like they have a clue but dont. Like this one guy in the 954 section on this forum said he got his slightly modified 954 up to 193 mph the other day. The bike doesnt speedo but 185 or so and top speeds with radar at 165mph.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:34 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bboi

I think the funniest thing is guys in here who act like they have a clue but dont. Like this one guy in the 954 section on this forum said he got his slightly modified 954 up to 193 mph the other day. The bike doesnt speedo but 185 or so and top speeds with radar at 165mph.
LOL sounds exactly like a guy I used to work with. He was a service writer, and one of those people after knowing him for a few days you knew you couldn't believe a word that came out of his mouth. He told me all kinds of BS stories, but the one that humored me the most was this. We both worked at a Lincoln dealership, and one day I was working on a Lincoln Mark VIII. He comes out and starts talking, says "yea I used to have a Mark VIII LSC, supercharged and this and that done to it". Then he proceedes to tell me how he was doing 175 mph down I-75 and the steering wheel just popped off (Fords steering wheels are pressed on and bolted, mind you. you need a puller to remove them), and he maintained control of the car, put a vice grips on the steering column and drove home like that. I almost bust a nut laughing as he's telling me this nonsense. I told him... "I don't know what's more pathetic, you're lame story, or the fact that you actually think I believe a word of it!" hahaha. There were countless other stories, ranging from his GF's Civic blowing up headlight bulbs and having complete electrical failure 3 times, to him being hung like a black stallion. The list goes on