Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DON'T MAKE THEM CHASE US

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DON'T MAKE THEM CHASE US

Two people that I've ridden were involved in an accident last week. One died and the other one got "lucky" w/ just a broken wrist. I don't care so much about people speeding, cornering, stunting, or just acting the fool on the street. But when others get hurt at the very least that's no good. I.E. read this http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...,5672013.story
In Suffolk county you use to be able to "almost" get away with acting the fool. A couple tickets at the worst but "usually' just a thirty minute sweat session and a slap on the wrist. Now they don't play anymore. It's a law passed about a month ago in Suffolk county, 31 over the speed limit and it's now reckless driving. ANY wreckless ticket gets your ride confiscated! Cornering, stunting, or just acting the fool on the street, it doesn't matter anymore. No more police discrestion it's the law. I've seen the way they treat confiscated bikes and cars while loading them onto flatbeds. Not pretty! I don't try to act like anyones daddy or act like I'm an angel or haven't done worse but if this stuff keeps happening none of us will be "welcome" on public roads. Tell you the truth I already feel unwelcome even while I'm out playing nice with others.[sm=rant.gif]

Old 12-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Default RE: DON'T MAKE THEM CHASE US

Wow... this sucks, but it was going to happen sooner than later. Too many idiots on the road to make the 'mature' riders guilt by association. I was recently stopped by NYS Trooper on the Palisades Pkwy head North. I was about 85 on the left lane behind a cage. He was on the side, tucked in nicely. I thought I was in the clear until a traffic circle. I knew then, I was caught. He waited 'till I made the left turn before the spaceship lights came on. I immediately pulled over. By the time he reached my bike, the helmet was off, the paper work was ready, and I was waiting for me. That's probably what saved me.

He didn't ticket me, but lectured me and told me of some dumbass who killed himself. I listend, looked concerned, and agreed with whatever came out of his mouth. He said that he didn't ticket me because I pulled over and because he also was/is a Rider. (Harley, I suspect - he called my bike a crochrocket).

O well... it happens. [sm=shades.gif]

Thanks for the link.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:23 AM
Default RE: DON'T MAKE THEM CHASE US

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

Tell you the truth I already feel unwelcome even while I'm out playing nice with others.[sm=rant.gif]
+1,000000000

and on that note why is it that i feel like im lookin over my shoulder a lot more often than i was before???? it seems to me that all this attention has made us (the sport bike community) a lot more noticeable not only to cops but to every "vigilante" out there who thinks that we are out to do nothing but harm other people when all we wanna do is drag a knee or pull it up every once in a great while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok im done just had to get that out there........ [sm=rant.gif]