Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DON'T Fuggin Run!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DON'T Fuggin Run!!!

About 5 miles from where I live ... pure stupidity and sad, she was only 20, probably telling him to stop the whole time:

Link to story

Two killed on motorcycle during police chase
UPDATED: 1:09 p.m. May 30, 2008

By MIKE MORRIS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 05/30/08

Two people were killed early Friday when a motorcycle being chased by the Georgia State Patrol crashed in Cobb County.

Shortly after 12:30 a.m., troopers began chasing a group of motorcyclists "traveling in excessive, reckless speed" on I-75 near Northside Drive, said State Patrol spokesman Larry Schnall.

The chase wound from Atlanta northward into Cobb County, where one of the bikes exited onto the Canton Road Connector. The bike ran off the road as the rider tried to negotiate a curve at Canton Road, Schnall said.

The motorcycle slammed into the side of a parked van, ejecting the two riders, then crashed into the front of an electrical business, shattering the front window.

Schnall said both the 22-year-old man driving the motorcycle and his 20-year-old passenger died at the scene.

The passenger was identified as Kathleen Marie Dukes of Acworth. The driver's name was being withheld Friday afternoon until his father, who lives out of state, could be notified, Schnall said.

"While we were investigating the crash, some bikes came to the scene and were watching," Schnall said. "A trooper recognized one of the bikes and driver as one from the earlier chase, and he was arrested."
Link to story

One Identified in Deadly Motorcycle Chase
Updated 12:00p 5/30/08
(WSB Radio) -- The Georgia State Patrol has identified one of the two people killed in a high speed chase with a motorcycle early Friday morning. Kathleen Dukes had just turned 20 years old.

Police have not yet identified the 22-year-old driver from Acworth. The two were chased along Canton Road at Sandy Plains Road in Cobb County.

Trooper Larry Schnall tells WSB's Chris Camp the victims died when the driver lost control in a curve, ran off the road and struck a parked van.

The chase began around 12:30 a.m. when troopers attempted to ticket a group of speeding riders on I-75 northbound, near Northside Drive.

Most of the motoryclists dispursed, but the State Patrol was able to pursue the rider who eventually crashed.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DON'T Fuggin Run!!!

I understand the need to police the roads for stupid drivers/riders...but please please please stop chasing these bikers who do not stop within the first 1/2 mile...your crown vic/charger/yukon/impala is not going to catch that biker and someones life is worth more than some stupid ticket that won't even get the department enough money for new tires on the police cruisers. Two people dead...over some tickets for "REPORTED" speeding/reckless driving...and the girl was 20...just as old as me...didn't even get to live yet...WTF

Old 05-30-2008, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

I understand the need to police the roads for stupid drivers/riders...but please please please stop chasing these bikers who do not stop within the first 1/2 mile...your crown vic/charger/yukon/impala is not going to catch that biker and someones life is worth more than some stupid ticket that won't even get the department enough money for new tires on the police cruisers. Two people dead...over some tickets for "REPORTED" speeding/reckless driving...and the girl was 20...just as old as me...didn't even get to live yet...WTF
Word.

While I would never run. They don't need to chase those that do.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:21 PM

That sucks, not saying it was right to run, but given the environment the group was in, that was to be expected. It's too bad that the violation had to turn into a fatal accident.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered Users

what happened is terrible...but that is a dumb argument lonewolf....you are saying to give up if the riders don't stop within a 1/2 mile....why not just say, don't ticket sportbike riders that ride fast....if riders KNEW cops weren't going to pursue after a 1/2 mile, EVERYONE would twist the throttle to get away...i am sorry that is a dumb dumb thing to say....and as horrible as it is, the guy driving was a ****ING IDIOT!!!.....

let's try this wonderful idea....DON'T RUN....you ride fast, you risk getting pinched by the cops...besides getting yourself in trouble, you give all riders a bad rep and **** that cop off more for the next rider he stops who may be getting stopped for something petty but that turns into something worse because he's pissed....

i feel bad for those who died...especially the passenger as she had NO control, can't even get off....but don't try and shift some sort of culpability to the cops, they didn't even touch the biker and were only doing their jobs...

this is a sad sad thing to read....

Old 05-30-2008, 02:27 PM

yeah yeah, it's the idiots fault for running. Sorry RIP to him and my blessings to family and friends but all the jackass had to do was pull over.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

Fug that. You run from the cops and you deserve everything that happens to you, including death. I'm so sick of stupid mother****ing people riding down the highway past me doing wheelies and going way faster than traffic allows all the while weaving in and out of lanes. if they aren't following the laws and the cops need to pull them over then they should pull over or suffer the end result.

Being on a fast vehicle does not exempt you from the laws. if you feel the need to go that fast, save up your $$ for the track.

Now that the rant is over, I really feel sorry for the girl who was not in control of what happened. With any luck, the coroner will find that they were on some type of drug that may have lessened her last memories.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

I find it ironic that people claim logic by, "not pursuing in such high speeds for it's a poor-judgement."

Should have pulled the **** over. This is BS - these are the cases that fuel my fire, an innocent person lost their life that night as a direct result of an individuals inability to just live and let live.

If people made good, hell - even half-assed decent, decisions in life we wouldn't need police. Fact of the matter is police are humans and they police humans. It's a, "born to fail" approach. It will never be anywhere near perfect or even, "ideal."

Until we can get on with our ****ing lives without ****ing up someone elses life this BS cycle will continue and more ******** will come out of the woodworks claiming police need to review their pursuit policies.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:05 PM

"Oh, don't chase the riders who are speeding and endagering lives and who feel they are above the law and don't care about their own personal safety or their passengers or the other people on the road" Boo-f.n.-hoo! You wanna run, then I hope you crash and learn a hard painful lesson. Too bad his passenger had to learn the same lesson--RIP to her, he's a fuggin idiot. The runners are the reason insurance is so high, and why cops tend to throw the book at any sportbike that DOES pull over. ****, at my last speeding stop (clocked from airplane and flagged off by ground unit), the cop actually thanked me for stopping "We know we can't catch you guys, it's nice to see one of you obey us". I still rode off with a ticket, but since I showed respect and offered courtesy, it was only for 10 over. The cop then reccommended no points at my court date for the same reasons.
THE ROAD IS NOT A F*CKIN RACETRACK! IF YOU HAVE TO RUN 100+, DO IT SOMEWHERE SAFE! IF YOU DON'T, AND GET PULLED OVER OR HURT, PLEASE DON'T EXPECT MY SYMPATHY--YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GET.
Being mad at the cop for chasing a speeder is like being mad at your doctor for wanting to remove a tumor. The man is just doing his job.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cobb County (where the chase occurred) actually does have a no chase policy (with some restrictions), but it was the Georgia State Patrol doing the chasing (who do not have a no chase policy) because the chase started on I-75.

I agree with ff and the rest to just friggin stop .. not worth all the stupidity over a simple ticket but I will just say that when there's a passenger involved who has no control over the situation there should be different discretion involved. Of course then the catch 22 is that when it's publicly known that they won't chase you with a passenger more morons will put passengers lives in jeopardy.