Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Don't fly with FLYOU

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don't fly with FLYOU

well Ohio University Mr. perfect grammar. LOL...Was a flight instructor and if I remember correctly is now flying commercial aircraft again, it may honestly behim... stranger things have happened!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:39 PM

Yeah, well, I wondered how in the hell anyone would have known it was him. I really don't think it was now. I really am goint to die from eating tin foil...dammit...**** life

Old 11-28-2007, 10:01 PM

Yeah, I remember before i got my license, I was up with my instructor and some weather moved in pretty quick. We were probably 7 or 8 miles out of the airport and the wind was out of the west. The only runway that wasnt undergoing repairs was 9/27 and it seemed so perfect, until I turned final and The 40 knot wind shifted to the north. I didnt have the experience to land it, so my instructor did it. Mind you we were in a cessna 172. Pretty scary.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Yeah, well, I wondered how in the hell anyone would have known it was him. I really don't think it was now. I really am goint to die from eating tin foil...dammit...**** life
don't worry Spirit will get you to the hospital right away or do you just want to try some Drano

BTW

damn that reminds me we need to check in on Brandon and see if he got the job done with that short number two Phillips screwdriver and cotton ball going to check that thread right now

Old 11-28-2007, 10:26 PM

I tip my hat.....or lack of one to those guys. I'm just starting to get the hang of landings....had a go around today cause I came in too high. Fun stuff!!

My father in law (also a pilot) told me a pilot's saying today...."Flying is hours of boredom interrupted by moments of sheer terror."

Old 11-28-2007, 11:01 PM

Crosswinds areprecisely why I am glad I only fly helicopters. No such thing as landing in a crosswind!

Old 11-28-2007, 11:18 PM
RCR

Flew to Vegas(as apassenger) and hit some nasty crosswinds and I swear looking out my window I saw the full runway.scary ****. when we landed pilot got on the horn and said "Welcome to vegas what happens here stays here. I sure don't want to ever do that agian".

Old 11-28-2007, 11:50 PM

uh yes, i was just joking about that being FLYOU just for clarification, but yes he does fly private jets.. haha!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:01 AM

My dad was Airforce for 27 years so I got to see some cool aircraft come through D.C. while I was up there.

The coolest plane to watch land are the B-52 bombers. Because of their design they have to have wheels that rotate for when they land. So they'll land sideways but have their wheels going straight.

I'd love to watch a U2 land also. If I'm not mistaken those were the ones that had to have trucks run and catch their wings becuase they only had 2 wheels set up like a motorcycle. And the wheels they had during take off fell off during launch.

Those pilots had some skills. Sue to the average person it looks like Chaos. But to someone not into motorcycles watching videos of people like Ghostrider or even up at Deal's Gap looks like a loss of control.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:16 AM

Yes ASmittie, they would have 2 Chase cars follow the U2 down the runway so it could put it's wings on the hood of the cars. Very sweet experience.

Quick Reply: Don't fly with FLYOU