Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

dogs and bikes

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dogs and bikes

Why is it that dogs in cars next to me at a stop light or something always go crazy and start barking? Does anyone else here experience this? I personally think it's funny and the drivers always seem to get aggrivated by it. I had a friend who owned a dog a while back and it would always bark at me when I put on my helmet so maybe that has something to do with it...

Old 10-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Default RE: dogs and bikes

On my grandparents farm, when ever the german shapard would be running around, you wanted to stay away from the motorcycle. When ever you touched it he would bite you, not hard to break blood, more of a hard pinch on the ***. It was kind of funny but annoying at the same time. I almost dropped the bike once casue he did so hard and kept on holding me, so i coudlnt even put the bike on the stand, my cousine had to take the bike, once i let go the dog let go, haha.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:15 PM

That's a crazy-*** dog!!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Retired Administrator

When my dogs are in my car/suv, they bark at anything that gets close to us. Don't know why, it's a dog thing.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:57 PM

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
[sm=Flahssssss.gif]
[sm=hiya.gif]

Old 10-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dogs are weird that way. A while back I rented a skid steer, and when I started it up the owner's dog came ripping out of the office barking and started biting the bucket. They seem to go nuts about anyone in a uniform - mailmen, UPS drivers, etc. Maybe your gear looks like a uniform.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:23 AM

When I was test riding my bike before I bought it so I was already nervous about a block and a half in a dog ran into the street and tried to bite my leg. I thought I was in the old nintendo game paperboy... dogs hate motorcycles I guess.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: outsider8

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
[sm=Flahssssss.gif]
[sm=hiya.gif]
you heard the man so let's all start busting out our camera's and taking pictures when we ride our bikes from now on

Old 10-04-2006, 06:30 PM

My dog doesn't bark at me when I walk in the house with my helmet on and chrome shield down. And when I tried to get her to sit by my bike to take a picture she didn't want to it's like she's scared of it. But I have an extremely well trained and well behaved dog. =D

Mike

Old 10-04-2006, 06:55 PM

I think the dogs think it's a bigger, louder dog. Alpha dog syndrome. Dogs are wierd sometimes, who knows what they are thinking. How about inbred pitbulls?

Quick Reply: dogs and bikes