Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

does any one else feel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 03:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does any one else feel?

i was riding today and it feels like everyone hates me when I ride, Like I am in there way or something. I dont ride like a dumbA** but I feel like everyone driving just hates me! especially when I split lanes at a stop light. does anyone else feel this way?

Old 01-10-2010, 04:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes i feel like other cagers hate me but i have learned to only care about myself. If you want to honk your horn go ahead cause ill give you the bird and be on my way. Its dangerous out there for bikes so you just gotta watch yourself.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ppl that dont ride dont understand... i chewed my gfs *** for riding too close to a bike. they just dont get it and they dont look for us

Old 01-10-2010, 09:03 AM

I've had random rides where I've felt that everyone was trying to kill me, kill my bike, or just plain hated me. At the end of the day, what are you really doing that could invoke people to hate you by riding? Unless of course you happen to personally know everyone that's on the road. They don't hate you, they're just hating if anything.

I once had a co-worker tell me that he hated when bikers split lanes at red lights and he wanted to hit them with his car when they did. There are people like this on the road so keep that in mind, just know that your bike is hella faster so you can just jet and leave them behind. Sure, there are times when I tried just staying with the speed limit and go with the flow of traffic, but I soon realized that's exactly when you have to start dealing with people changing into your lane, brake-checking, swerving, etc. Better to just "stay ahead of traffic"

Old 01-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackw2
i was riding today and it feels like everyone hates me when I ride, Like I am in there way or something. I dont ride like a dumbA** but I feel like everyone driving just hates me! especially when I split lanes at a stop light. does anyone else feel this way?
if you split lanes next to me in my cage I'd look at you funny to sense you would be breaking the law in most states (assuming you live in the US that is).

Old 01-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Administrator - Retired

I'm with PG on this one.... depending on where you are, it's illegal to split lanes.
And I've found that in my state (PA) it definitely pisses people off.
You wouldn't think it would, but it does.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
I'm with PG on this one.... depending on where you are, it's illegal to split lanes.
And I've found that in my state (PA) it definitely pisses people off.
You wouldn't think it would, but it does.
I dont do it on my bike either legal or not, I find it disrespectful to other motorist. Yanno hey I can fit thru here so excuse me, sorry you have to sit here n wait sucker. And all that it frees up congestion on the roads is pure BS. If I wanted to be a ***** on the road I would just drive a BMW lol

Old 01-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Administrator - Retired

And I think that's exactly how the rest of the cagers are feeling, too. Most have the "Who do you think you are..... get in line with the rest of us" attitude.
On top of that, motorists of any kind do NOT like being caught off guard. They don't expect someone buzzing by them up the middle of the road. People get pissed when you startle them. Then, with it being illegal, they have even more reason to be upset.

I personally don't trust 2 cages enough to try and split 'em most of the time, anyway. You all see how some of these people swerve around and chit.... don't signal..... abruptly change lanes......etc. etc. etc...

Put all this together... and I think I'll pass on lane splitting.
I've done it a few times, but not the norm for me by any means.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
I dont do it on my bike either legal or not, I find it disrespectful to other motorist. Yanno hey I can fit thru here so excuse me, sorry you have to sit here n wait sucker. And all that it frees up congestion on the roads is pure BS. If I wanted to be a ***** on the road I would just drive a BMW lol
+1 and a .02 from me.

Lane splitters **** me off because they add an x factor into what I look out for. I already don't trust the *** next to me. The distance between me and the car next to me is now reduced by the splitter's size. If that idiot in the car does something moronic, like intentionally crowd the rider cause he's pissed, it's up to me to keep the rider alive with almost no time to react. Nevermind here in Philly people seem to have a severe phobia for driving on the outer edges of the lanes so they crowd the center line.

Add to that the unpredictable nature of someone who splits lanes in a state where it's illegal. They split the lane already so what else are they gonna do? Are they gonna gun it when the light drops? Who's lane are they gonna cut into? What if something goes wrong when the light goes green? I've got a highly vulnerable body entirely too close to my fender whose mind I can't read and whose skills are unknown.

And yeah the splitter pisses me off for several reason. The act of splitting lanes is essentially saying that its more important that they get to their destination than it is for me to get to mine. Many are squids, just doing it so they can show off how fast they can go on a bike. Some are really stupid squids, prepping to pull an asinine wheelie off the light.

So yeah, I hate lane splitters. Lucky for them I ride and won't do to them something I wouldn't want done to me

Quick Reply: does any one else feel?