Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you wave to scooter-tards?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you wave to scooter-tards?

I wave to every two wheels. If they don't wave big deal. Sometime they are just starting out or turning its hard to wave at this time. My wife has a scooter and it fun when I ride it around. I'm not like some people that have big heads that they are to good to wave to them.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ta8218

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Thanks Mordeth (or however you spell his name), for letting me know I am waving wrong. I like to drop the duece (not poop my pants...there are two exclusive defenitions...I think). When I ride on the freeway, I will make sure to thrust my open palmed hand straight in the air while doing eighty, because there is no way it will compromise the aerodynamic slipstream that I enjoy everyday on my motorcycle (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

The only problem I have with waving at scoots is, I see them as a viable means of transportation, but they don't invest as much as we do...or a cruiser, for that matter. Yes, you can ride a unicycle, and get run over by Claire who is bringing orange wedges to the soccer team, but there is absolutely less risk involved. A person on a scooter is going to ride in traffic at 35 mph (do your own conversion for metric), not ride in the twisties, or have an epic adventure for hundreds of miles, or spend as much money as us, or consider it a "lifestyle", or evendrop the cabbageforgood protective gear (I see more flip flops, t-shirts, and shorts on scooter riders that squids). Of course, there are always exceptions. Reading my own post, maybe I have less respect for those who ride with less to lose. I could be dead wrong...as we can all be dead when we ride. I don't think I am a dick, but if I have a choice, I would not wave to a person on a scooter before I would wave to any other rider.
I beg to differ

650cc's will do 80mph without breathing hard and the rider of it said it would do 120. And I took that pic on top of 129 in Ga on whats known as the Loop lol. Do they sound so wimpy now??

oh BTW the rider had full leathers on too.
Oh come on, thats a scoot on roids.
Was brand new on its first major outing. Think he said it had like 1100 miles on it lol. He traded like 3 or 4 bikes he had sitting around in on/for it. lol

Old 06-25-2008, 10:08 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MGpnsdbEp...eature=related

This is as cool as you can be on a scooter.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:11 PM

I'll wave to anybody. I don't really care. I just try to be nice to everybody. Kind of mean to call them scooter-tards lol.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ta8218

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MGpnsdbEp...eature=related

This is as cool as you can be on a scooter.
oh yea??
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tQAMnD13AwI

Old 06-25-2008, 10:20 PM

Oh for the guy who say they need to say, they to save and get a real bike. I'm sure the HD riders are saying the samething. A harley can cost three times a sport bike. So you do the math. We're all two wheels, so try to live together. If you want to sub group keep to yourself. That just like being racists.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:27 PM

Love the trick scooter video....

Old 06-25-2008, 11:25 PM

so i'm kind of curious what the harley guys think of the scoots. lol

Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: jetjestor

Oh for the guy who say they need to say, they to save and get a real bike. I'm sure the HD riders are saying the samething. A harley can cost three times a sport bike. So you do the math. We're all two wheels, so try to live together. If you want to sub group keep to yourself. That just like being racists.
True. However, our sport bikes are a hell of a lot faster than the harleys, so there is an advantage. The scoots got nothin. Well, maybe gas mileage, but we've already got that.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:02 AM

OK, heres my take. I ride a scooter.(yamaha vino)...allot. I love the scoot for those simple run to the store for something really quick trips. Like an 18pk of beer, loaf of bread, milk, quick trip to home depot, return a movie so on. No, it's not as fast, and easier to ride, so I just hop on with whatever I am wearing and go, so usually my X-11 or something as I don't have dedicated scooter helmet. Its good cause there is little warm-up time, takes 2 seconds to back out of the garage and I'm gone, plus I can haul allot of stuff on it without having to grab my back-pack. My daily driver is either my 1k RR, or the xt225 or the DL650, whatever I feel like riding that day. I put 250 miles on my truck last year, thats it. The rest was on two wheels. But about the wave, I get waved at by everything but sportbikes while on the scoot. I see these same guys at the store or gas station on their ratted out, dropped a million times sporbike, part of the I'm so cool only ride when it's sunny crowd. The scoot and the laughs I get don't bother me, I know whats up and don't care what some pimply knucklehead thinks. I got 4 rides to have fun on and I do so on each.

Quick Reply: Do you wave to scooter-tards?