Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you support bikers choice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you support bikers choice?

Now I know I am forATGATT butI still feel that if someone wants to not wear their gear they shouldnt have to. What do you guys think? I was under the impression that cyclists were pretty united on this but if you've seen my last thread you know I'm kind of wondering.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Default RE: Do you support bikers choice?

Sorry, but no. I support helmet laws. I do not want other people to die. I don't like the idea of families losing their loved ones over something that could have been prevented if they wore a simple helmet.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:47 AM

i agree fully here here for helmet laws

Old 08-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

You also have to see the bigger picture here ..I know especially when you are younger you feel its all a violation of rights etc but as you get older your perception changes ..its not simply about whether it should be up to you if you wear gear or not and its your life etc etc ..as said its others who are involved too ..the loss to your family and friends ...and dont forget the emergency services who have to literally sweep brains up off the floor ..or the poor casuality hospital workers who have to deal with horrific injuries from people not wearing the right gear .. I dont need a law to tell me to wear a helmet but I am glad its there for some who might just be tempted with that short blast to the shop and not bother with the lid because its only five minutes away ...strangely that is when a lot of accidents occur ..five minutes from home ... wear a helmet EVERYTIME and as we use to say here in the ad campaigns for seat belts ..

CLUNK CLICK EVERY TRIP!!

Jules

Old 08-14-2008, 03:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As a safety practitioner myself, I always drill to my worker's head that they should always realize that wearing a gear is a principal of attitude to adhere your and others safety; not for the sake of the law.

"Wear your PPE (personal protective equipment); after all you are only human"

Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 AM

No I support the helmet laws.......Nobody here wears a helmet but me......

Old 08-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I support helmet laws.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Banned

Helmets are a must.

Florida doesn't have a helmet law and it makes no sense to me. Other gear is of course important (although I am guilty of not always wearing mine), but the idea of riding without a helmet is really f**king dumb.

Sportbike riders around here generally are pretty good about helmets (maybe 2/3), but almost every sterno bum on a cruiser doesn't wear one. I get their point though, how do you smoke a cigarette, talk on a cell phone, or drink coffee with a full face helmet on?

Old 08-14-2008, 06:34 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Helmets are a must.

Florida doesn't have a helmet law and it makes no sense to me. Other gear is of course important (although I am guilty of not always wearing mine), but the idea of riding without a helmet is really f**king dumb.

Sportbike riders around here generally are pretty good about helmets (maybe 2/3), but almost every sterno bum on a cruiser doesn't wear one. I get their point though, how do you smoke a cigarette, talk on a cell phone, or drink coffee with a full face helmet on?

^^^ OMG!! I nearly plastered my screen in coffee!! ..lol

Jules

Old 08-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527
I get their point though, how do you smoke a cigarette, talk on a cell phone, or drink coffee with a full face helmet on?
I've seen all of this...lol. How the hell can they hear anything whil.e riding around on thoseear-splitting hunks of steel. I can barely talk on mine with the window rolled halfway down in the car on a windy day(stopped of course...lol). I've even seen a guy smoking a pipe going down the road. It looked lik.e a smokestack on a steam engine.

Quick Reply: Do you support bikers choice?