Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Which do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which do you prefer?

Only ridden in a group a few times. I really like going by myslef though. Like Shocktroop said, I'm always looking for a reason to ride. Most of the time I fuel up, and just ride. There are a ton of good roads up here in Montana, and most of the mountain roads are beautiful. No traffic (hardly see cras at all), cool air, huge pine trees, streams, and LOTS of corners. I really enjoy the feel and rush of riding in the mountains. When I'm not on my bike I always go camping and hiking, so maybe I'm just obssed with the Montana outdoors. For some reason the mountains are a place where I can just forget about everything, and enjoy the day.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:08 AM

I prefer riding by myself. Mostly because none of my real close friends ride, the only people I know that ride are club acquaintances. I've tried big group rides before, but like Shocktroop said who's slower, who's faster, and who's acting stupid always hinders my enjoyment of the ride. Although I will admit I've been on a couple "group" rides that were nice, basically we just setup checkpoints where we would meet and take pictures/eat/drink/break, almost the same freedom of riding alone, but with lots of other people...

Old 06-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmmm i rarly ride in groups but its fun either way

Old 06-12-2007, 03:16 AM

I rode a group rides with over 500 bikes last year and took a trip from Illinois to North Carolina to Deals Gap last month all alone 1600 miles roundtrip.
I do like the group settting tho too...all the bikes and the stories.
its a tough call...

Old 06-12-2007, 03:22 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Its a mood thing for me. Lot of times like posted just fill up and go wherever the bike points me too. There are also times its cool to ride with a few good friends.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:28 AM

I dont do large group rides. I ride with the same 3 guys every weekend. although, they tend to leave my *** in the twisties, so essentially I am still riding solo.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:02 AM

biggest group ride ive done was with 25 people... it was a blast, ussaly when i am with a group its about 4-10 of us... whole lota fun. but riding by myself is a whole lot of fun and it is humbling... i ride fast too fast when i am by myself on the freeway... i gotta stop doing that..

Old 06-12-2007, 05:55 AM

Depends on the situation and how I'm feeling. If I want some alone time, of course I'll ride alone. If I want some company, then of course group ride.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: EPNF4i

Tee. I felt the same way for quite a while. But I have been fortunate enough to ride with guys who, in a couple of cases, have decades of experience. Like anything else, you can be doing something wrong and not realize it, then, through repetition, re-enforce those mistakes. This is just a friendly suggestion, but if you can , hook up with the most experienced riders you can find and pick their brains. Ride with them. Learn from them.Tee , there is the possibility that I'm reading this all wrong and you have been riding for many years. if so thenwhatever works for you , but this is sound advice. Anyone new to the sport can only benifit from those who have the knowlege and experience of years of responsible riding.
True That!!! You learn a lotfrom other experienced riders. I'vedone with a group of 30-40 people.I liked it but most of us are youngsters (20-31)everyone tries to put stunt and stuff. it draws too much attention to cops. About 2 weeks ago i saw 3 of them ran into each others cuz of fancy stoppies[:-]. I always coast in the back of the groupor stay in front of the group to avoid those stupid accidients. Im more like a solo rider cuz i like to smash on the freeways and cut in and out traffics without worrying about other riders.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:28 AM

I dont know this was a tough call for me. I like to ride with the wife and friends but everyonce in awhile its like everyone said, fill the bike and go with no destination. 99.9999 % of the time its me and the wife and thats cool b/c we just ride, no crazy stuff and have a great time, biggest group ive been with was a group of about 15-20 from my old ship when i was stationed in San Diego. most recently it was 7 of us. i like the smaller group better b/c it was like everyone said, no stunting, speeding, etc.

Quick Reply: Which do you prefer?