Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Which do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which do you prefer?

I like to ride alone best...it is like a religious experience to me sometimes, and it is the ultimate "me" time where I have nothing in the world but me and nature. I do like riding with friends, but then I get a little distracted because I am too slow, or I am too far ahead, or there is a squidley guy who is messing up everyone's ride...you know. What do you guys and gals like best...solo, group, or no preference either way?

Old 06-12-2007, 01:53 AM
Default RE: Which do you prefer?

Lately i been riding by myself it kinda nice my own pace nothing to worry about. Its kinda nice also to ride with atleast one other person just incase something happens in a less traffic area. Biggest group ride i been it was about 5, but we all went at are own pace.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:59 AM

i like riding by myself....you learn more when u ride alone. i like group riding on the weekends, but group riding isnt safe, and take up all the lanes on the roads, ride slower than speed limit, anything could happen.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:08 AM

I like heading out with a full tank of gas, a few bucks in my pocketand no clue as to where I am going. I dig group rides, but theres the whole whos slower, whos faster, whos acting stupid scenario. So, for the most part, just me and a free day with lots of road. I like riding in the rain, the sun, hot, cold, traffic, no traffic, I don't care, I look for every reason to ride. Sometimes it'll take me an hour to go get a loaf of bread from the store 1 block from the house. I have one or two friends who ride like I do, and then really enjoy riding with a partner, but sometimes hard for our scheduals to line up for it to happen. I've ridden in groups of 50+ and it's cool to just be in the scene of such a ride, all the sights and sounds, but I prefer a self directed pace with no set course, and with the only goal to bring a smile to my face.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

I like heading out with a full tank of gas, a few bucks in my pocketand no clue as to where I am going. I dig group rides, but theres the whole whos slower, whos faster, whos acting stupid scenario. So, for the most part, just me and a free day with lots of road. I like riding in the rain, the sun, hot, cold, traffic, no traffic, I don't care, I look for every reason to ride. Sometimes it'll take me an hour to go get a loaf of bread from the store 1 block from the house. I have one or two friends who ride like I do, and then really enjoy riding with a partner, but sometimes hard for our scheduals to line up for it to happen. I've ridden in groups of 50+ and it's cool to just be in the scene of such a ride, all the sights and sounds, but I prefer a self directed pace with no set course, and with the only goal to bring a smile to my face.
That's it Bro!!! I went to the Oregon Caves this weekend, but I had no intention of doing that. I got to Cave Junction Oregon to fill up my tank, a guy asked me about my bike, asked me where I was going, and I said, "I don't know"...ended up at the caves...what is better! If you get down here from Washington, we're going to have to get lost for a couple days.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:17 AM

I like both. I do ride by myself more.

+1 Shocktroop on the loaf of bread. No set destination is the best.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Mad

I dig my Sunday group rides. They're all stand up guys so we don't worry about the squidly acts. No wheelies, excessive speed, etc. We usually stop mid ride, grab a bite to eat, and shoot the **** for a while. It gives me a chance to "recharge" for the week.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:33 AM

Since I have never been on a group ride, I guess my default answer is solo.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:46 AM

ORIGINAL: agentofdarkness

Since I have never been on a group ride, I guess my default answer is solo.
Same here.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:58 AM

ORIGINAL: TeeSnob

i like riding by myself....you learn more when u ride alone. i like group riding on the weekends, but group riding isnt safe, and take up all the lanes on the roads, ride slower than speed limit, anything could happen.

Tee. I felt the same way for quite a while. But I have been fortunate enough to ride with guys who, in a couple of cases, have decades of experience. Like anything else, you can be doing something wrong and not realize it, then, through repetition, re-enforce those mistakes. This is just a friendly suggestion, but if you can , hook up with the most experienced riders you can find and pick their brains. Ride with them. Learn from them.Tee , there is the possibility that I'm reading this all wrong and you have been riding for many years. if so thenwhatever works for you , but this is sound advice. Anyone new to the sport can only benifit from those who have the knowlege and experience of years of responsible riding.

Quick Reply: Which do you prefer?