Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you guys ever get the feeling...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys ever get the feeling...

Of just wanting to drop everything, blow off everything in your life at the moment, give up, relinquish everything, and ride off into the distance with no destination?

Or is that just me being slightly depressed? LOL (not that I could...my bike is in the shop)

Old 03-23-2009, 03:14 PM

I get one of those every once in a while

Old 03-23-2009, 03:25 PM

Yes.

I almost did that for a vacation once, ride across the country and back in 9 days.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the bloody time! Hard to resist the call of the ride, In the past I've had to make a few telephone calls to work telling them "I'm sick" from some petrol station telephone or road side phone. Isn't hard to see why, Early morning commute, beautiful day, tank full of petrol, start telling yourself that you need a break, a little 'S' road therapy, "Accidentally" miss your turn off.........................

Old 03-23-2009, 06:53 PM

I have that feeling right now. FTW! Lets go.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:04 AM

yea pretty much every day...almost 4 months out of college with my bs in engineering and I can't find a job for my life so taking off without notice or anywhere to go sounds a lot more interesting than sitting around doing nothin.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

We had this similar question on another forum so I shall say what I said there ...

We all get these feelings from time to time, a need to just pick up and be somewhere else ... sometimes if we can get away for a while we are satiated and enjoy getting "home" again, now there is the rub ..if you don't view where you are as "home" you will never settle, sometimes our higher self or spirit is telling us we need to get away too ... so, if this is anything more than just a desire for a break and more like a deep seated need to get away from somewhere you don't feel is home, a longing to be elsewhere then sometimes it is worth listening to that inner voice .. I did, I changed where I lived and my whole carreer in my mid 20's, it was scary and hard for a while but I would never go back :-)
Something else to think about, sometimes, just sometimes it's worth the risk of fail ... otherwise you may spend your life never knowing and regretting when you maybe had the chance ...

if you are young with no siblings to worry about, it can be worth a chance but I will also say if you are going to do something this drastic, take a decent holiday first and see how you feel when you get back, sometimes the grass is not always greener :-)

Jules

Old 03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

Everytime I look at my bike bro. You all need to consider yourselves lucky.
I dont have my license and all i get to do is start her up and listen to her idle.
Today i thought: " wonder how far i could get..."

Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Endless
Everytime I look at my bike bro. You all need to consider yourselves lucky.
I dont have my license and all i get to do is start her up and listen to her idle.
Today i thought: " wonder how far i could get..."
Just ride! I have never seen a bike get pulled over before and I think that as long as you're riding normally most cops wouldn't want to bother you.

Quick Reply: Do you guys ever get the feeling...