Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you freedom ride or belong to a club

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you freedom ride or belong to a club

If so what chapter? I am part of the Ruff Ryders in Reno, NV, but I do not think for much longer. They NEVER ride together, what is the point right? Pay dues to sit on butt? F-that

Old 08-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in a club, the Blue liners http://www.policensw.com/blueliners/blueliners.html
I don't go on every ride, but they have some great destinations & are well organised, with back up vehicles (4 x4 with bike trailer) & accommodation well sorted.
a lot of the rides involve 200+ bikes, so sticking together can be a problem, what usually happens is that we break up into smaller groups, not based on anything, other than the pace you like to ride. Although a few years ago on one particular ride, one of the riders came down & ended up on his back in a field, unfortunately he preceded his bike, which then landed of top of him & snapped a few of his ribs. Our ride organiser was informed, but the First aid & ambulance was left to us (the ones that stopped to help). Mind you this guy is no longer in the picture. Organised rides certainly have their + & -, but at the end of a day's ride & enjoying a few cold beer's with other like minded people is certainly worth it.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pacemaker
a lot of the rides involve 200+ bikes, so sticking together can be a problem
Wow 200 people +, we only have 6 members right now and the moment. Got rid of alot of dead weight. Would be nice if 2-3 came out though

Old 08-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Solo right now. I'm not too sure I have the right mentality for a club. A lot of the 'clubs', and I use that term very loosely, here seem more focused on showing off than anything else.

That's not me. Will prolly consider a bike night I heard of near where I work. Though I'll have to watch that happy hour of theirs

Old 08-27-2009, 04:28 PM

By myself. In fact a ton of the guys are going to join up for me for cruises. Just sit back and relax and have a good time with each other.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:50 PM

Just started a club myself

Old 08-27-2009, 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=CBRclassic;828915]No chit Pace , you ride with the cops? !! wow...
I usually ride away from them ...fast as I can !! LOL J/k

Had a few invites to go out with the Ulysses here in Melbourne , but I cant stand the fuss and bother of large groups and all the inevitable dramas that go along with it ...

A lot of the members are not cops though, but a lot are, it's fun sometimes trying to work out who is....
And a lot of the members are also with the Ulysses as well & even non members get invites, it's a pay for rides & most of the money goes to charity, usually Child flight helicopter rescue.
Plus it comes in handy to have a few of the boys in blue along for the ride...

Name:  tam0241.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  12.3 KB

Name:  tam0212.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  10.6 KB

Old 08-28-2009, 06:39 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

I have ridden with a guy that lives near me , he's a very good rider and I seriously thought when I first met him that he was a cop , he has the look ,but turns out he's not.

99% of the time I ride alone , set my own pace , no pressures , just me and the road!!

Quick Reply: Do you freedom ride or belong to a club