Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do good things come for those who wait??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007 | 12:08 AM
|
Default Do good things come for those who wait??

I'm planning on getting an '07 600RR on the mid- August timeframe. (unless I find an incredible deal on an 06) Now... I am in no real hurry since I am very much aware that the bike is a "toy" I want, but most certainly don't "need".
Would there be any benefit to waiting till a colder season (December) or would it make no differernce price wise, as far as the dealership is concerned? Keep in mind that I'm in the context on middle GA, so even though it gets cold, it is still ridable weather in winter here, If you can put up with the cold. I also want to make sure I don't miss out on a white one, since Honda is in the habit of changing the colors evry year.

Old 03-20-2007 | 01:03 AM
Default RE: Do good things come for those who wait??

It wont make that much of a difference at a dealership, especially with such a new model bike. The may knock off a few hundred bucks TOPS, if any. I know here in Orlando, if you buy from a dealership, they usually cut down their prices $200 from November to January, then put them back up for Tax season and the spring. I would still wait a little, especially on the 07. Not saying it is bad or anything will be wrong, but just to see how they go, and what parts they come out with, know what I mean?

Old 03-20-2007 | 03:28 AM

Dont know about other dealers but at my dealership we have the
leftover '06 1000's for $8879 and the '07 600 for 9499....Price on the
600 isnt budgung right now...they are the demand bike....we have
white/blue/black/and a red one on the floor now...the red one has a
2brothers exhaust and honda rear seat cowl
www.Champion-honda.comin NY

Old 03-20-2007 | 04:25 AM

ORIGINAL: NYErion929

Dont know about other dealers but at my dealership we have the
leftover '06 1000's for $8879 and the '07 600 for 9499....Price on the
600 isnt budgung right now...they are the demand bike....we have
white/blue/black/and a red one on the floor now...the red one has a
2brothers exhaust and honda rear seat cowl
www.Champion-honda.comin NY
+1
I was just about to say that you can get a leftover 1000 for the price of a new 600 at some dealerships.

Old 03-20-2007 | 04:42 AM

NYErion I hate that place, right down the road from Sovereign VW near the Wantagh. They were so rude to me when I went in there fall before last(05). I wouldn't spit on any of them even if it would cure them of cancer. F**kin scumbags!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Whirice I lost it for a second.I say why wait you could be like f**k it by this August. Pick it up first chance you get so you can enjoy the summer. That's if I was you. NYerion you're not allowed to shop there anymore.

Old 03-20-2007 | 07:28 AM
Retired Moderator

"toy" ???????

They're a practical thing to have too. I use mine everyday, and put WAY more miles on it than my car. So I say go for it. You only live once........and if you wait too long, you might not ever get it.

And yeah, it can be used as a toy too.

But to answer your main question........there really isn't a big difference. I purchased my bike in the peak of the season (summer) and I got a really great deal on it..........so my only advice is to shop around (smaller city dealerships have a less "jackassness" to them).

Old 03-20-2007 | 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

"toy" ???????

They're a practical thing to have too.
+1 Since I got mine I hate putting gas in my truck. The money that I save on gas more than pays for the small note I have on the bike. If it sits in the garage all the time, then it's an expensive toy.

Old 03-20-2007 | 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

NYErion I hate that place, right down the road from Sovereign VW near the Wantagh. They were so rude to me when I went in there fall before last(05). I wouldn't spit on any of them even if it would cure them of cancer. F**kin scumbags!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Whirice I lost it for a second.I say why wait you could be like f**k it by this August. Pick it up first chance you get so you can enjoy the summer. That's if I was you. NYerion you're not allowed to shop there anymore.
Next time you need something ask for me...John
you probably dealt with danny who is no longer here (for obvious reasons)

Old 03-20-2007 | 07:44 PM
Retired Moderator

I agree that you won't save a huge bundle of cash waiting for winter. At my dealer, at least, the '06 machines were the same price at the beginning of this year...he wasn'tdiscounting jack! Also, you could get a used one, but everything I've read about the '07 virtually hands it the bike of the year. I think it is a great year for the RR, and you may take that into consideration. I'd get it, and ride your *** off this summer!

Old 03-20-2007 | 08:58 PM
|

Tanks for the replies.

Oh I'm getting it all right, but I have to finish paying off one of my cars first (last payment projected for Jul 21)

That's the deal I struck with my wife, so noRR for me until August.

I call my daily driver my "toy" as well. I could have gone with any old beater, but I got a pretty nice sports car, so that makes it a toy, in certain respects.

Quick Reply: Do good things come for those who wait??