Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

dmv test

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dmv test

lol well ima be goign down to dmv here soon and a lil scared, the cones and everythign i can handle decent enough to pass that part. a freind was telling me that his instructor made him do a 30 mph panic skid and turn the bike and control it to past. Im in va and was wondering is that true thru out the state, cuz he lives in a diff county. if it is tru thenima wait 2 months for the msf course cuz i dont wanna wreck my bike if i fall, rather wreck the msf bikes.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Default RE: dmv test

I dont know if this is true or every state but here in PA if you take the MSF course and pass you get your license without having to take that test at the dmv. It's a 15 hour class but..atleast you learn some good things while your there and you won't need to take that test.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:59 PM

ya im still gonna take the msf class just curious about panic skid at 30 cuz if ya mess up then ur bike is messed up but if u control then great. my next class avail around here in vb virgina is like march 5th i think. so if i can get my lic before then, that would make me happy

Old 12-17-2006, 01:11 PM

I took the MSF course and they still have u do a low speed stop.If you remember all youve learned in an MSF course u will not fail but then again i rode for a few many years without a license...so best of luck....jsut look straight ahead..DO NOT LOOK DOWN...

Old 12-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Retired Administrator

The msf course will take care of your riding exam. You do have to d a panic at about 15 to 20 mph and NOT slide. You have plenty of room to stop the bike, just control the brake, don't lock it up. The msf course is more of a bitch to get through than the dmv exam. The easy part about the msf course is that you practice it all day before you take the final lap. The "box" is where most have problems and drop their bikes. The box is, well, a small box that you have to do a S shape curve through, but on a sport bike... it's a cake walk. Just practice in parking lots doing small, tight circles as slow as you can.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:31 PM

sweet thx everyone for the help and info, msf course is def somethign i am gonna do just want to get my license but this down time will get me time to get my frame sliders and alarm put on it since i park in my apt complex. lol chain shackled to my car and to the bike, car all the way up on it.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:46 PM

are you talking about the msf course or the riding test to get your mc liscense? if its the riding test (in my oppinion it was a joke). they put you on a scooter and ask you to go thru a couple cones set-up as well as a stopping test. IMO any body with a miniscule ammount of common sence(sp) should be able to pass. maby when i took the test here the instructors didnt give a crap if you did well or failed as they passed everyone (maby they just wanted your 40.00). even the guy who locked up the rear brake, got squirrleyand dumped the scooter.. hepassed.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:55 PM

nah talking about the actual dmv pratical test not the msf test

Old 12-17-2006, 05:33 PM

In colorado they give the test in the class, you never have to deal with the DMV untill you get the card and then go to them to get a new licence with the M on it. The class was really worth it for me if for nothing else then being able to take the test on their bike. (I wouldn't try to make a uturn that small on a 1000F. ). Good luck man. Eyes up!

MDFF

Old 12-17-2006, 09:04 PM

I took the test at the DMV in Maine and I didnt have to do cones or anything like that...just rode in a square around town, parked, and was all done
________
Ipad Guide

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 04:21 AM.