Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Disc Locks

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disc Locks

What brand is a good disc lock to buy? What do you guys have?

Old 03-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Default RE: Disc Locks

on gaurd dont get a kryptonite you can pick yhose with a pen like bic the white ones that you can pop the top off of it will fit in the round hole and it will turn there crap that is why most companys wont carry them any more

Old 03-27-2006, 01:05 AM

Just dont forget to take the damn thing off before you pull off........ Had a buddy forget once...It wasnt pretty!!!

Old 03-27-2006, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: wood83

on gaurd dont get a kryptonite you can pick yhose with a pen like bic the white ones that you can pop the top off of it will fit in the round hole and it will turn there crap that is why most companys wont carry them any more
i have a kryptonite, but it doesn't use the round barrel key. maybe its a newer design? anyways i haven't had to use it yet, i guess the first test will be at the ama superbike races at infineon raceway in may.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:27 PM

i was at the motorcycle show on the 19th in atlanta and i found an xena alarm lock, its pretty cool, put it on the disk, lock it and it sets itself. http://www.lockitt.com/Xenasecurity.htm

Old 03-28-2006, 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: vtec97hatch

ORIGINAL: wood83

i have a kryptonite, but it doesn't use the round barrel key. maybe its a newer design? anyways i haven't had to use it yet, i guess the first test will be at the ama superbike races at infineon raceway in may.

must be a new design i got my lock about a year ago and my distributor only had on gaurg locks for that reason

Old 03-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: blinkster240

i was at the motorcycle show on the 19th in atlanta and i found an xena alarm lock, its pretty cool, put it on the disk, lock it and it sets itself. http://www.lockitt.com/Xenasecurity.htm
So... you've heard the alarm on the Xena lock? How loud is it? I'm looking at them and wondering it it's worth the $$$ difference for it. I mean I can pick up a good onguard for $30 or pay out $80 for the Xena. Is the extra $50 in the 110db alarm worth it?

Old 04-01-2006, 09:41 PM

i think its pretty loud. if you have ever heard one of those personal security alarms that joggers carry, thats what it sounds like. its a very high piched alarm. i would walk away from it if it went off on me but it only goes off for 10 seconds before it re-sets itself.
ORIGINAL: doncollins

So... you've heard the alarm on the Xena lock? How loud is it? I'm looking at them and wondering it it's worth the $$$ difference for it. I mean I can pick up a good onguard for $30 or pay out $80 for the Xena. Is the extra $50 in the 110db alarm worth it?

Old 04-01-2006, 11:52 PM

I have one, doesn't seem THAT loud. It says 110db, but it's not as loud as a car alarm or anything like that. It's better then nothing. I'm getting the Scorpio alarm on top of the Xena.

Nice thing about it though, is you'll never forget to take it off and try riding with it.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:03 AM

Jeezuz....$249 for a wheel lock. Hardly think its worth it. Thats the price of the Scorpio.

Quick Reply: Disc Locks