Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dirty Hands

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty Hands

Ok, this is probably really random/ stupid, but here it goes.

Alright, My hands after work are extreamly dirty, from working on jets all day. and normally I use that GoJo or fast orange soup stuff to get all the grease and what not off. Now I can never get them perfect, my skin seems stained with it or something.

I was wondering if any of you mechanics got some tricks to getting that crap off! I dont wanna have nasty *** hands on my date tomarrow.

Lets here them tips.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Dirty Hands

Technician of 18 years, black hands [&:]

Old 03-18-2008, 01:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I start, I use a product called DermaGuard, its in a can, comes out in a white foam. You rub it into your hands & cuticles etc, wait a couple secs till it dries. You should have something similiar over there. When I finish working on my bike or my car, I use WD40 (yep), spray the bugger on till their wet & rub my hands & get it into the nails etc. I then use Sorbelene (not soap, dries & cracks the skin, which lets oil & grease in) which I then wash off in water. Have you're hands lookin purdy in no time.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:19 AM

guess ill just have to deal with it, well actually she will have to deal with it.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:35 AM
Banned

Funny you say that as I was just putting off doing my bearings since I've got plans early in the morning...

GoJo jelly really well then liquid Lava and a hard, nylonbristle brush works well for me. I haven't met one thing that routine won't clean off of my hands. Just takes some time is all, about 10 real minutes of scrubbing.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Banned

Sorry, I jumped the gun. Jet engine mechanic, huh? Pompice of me tooffer hand cleaning suggestionsto you!

Heh, my process does work though. But surely you've tried the brush and Lava soap... ? Sounds like it's something you gotta deal with - sorry dude!

When she starts staring at your hands, shadow them with your fat wallet and American Express card, lol. Then call her a bitch if she doesn't get down on her knees and blow your super cool *** right in the restaurant. You go boy...

Old 03-18-2008, 02:38 AM

working on cars for 7 years, black hands here too, but they do clean up after 2-3 days of not working on cars though.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ok don't knock this one and don't laugh...it really works...a trick my dad taught me...

Pour a good amount of Fairly liquid in the palm of your hand...add a spoonful of sugar and massage it in to your hands as if washing vigorously with soap...it will feel crunchy, scratchy and horrible but you will be amazed how this shifts all kinds of inground oil and dirt...obviously the abrasiveness helps shift the dirt but there is also some kind of reaction between these two that just lifts the dirt out the crevices...works for me and I only have delicate little hands...so I'm sure you big boys can brave it...lol

Jules

Old 03-18-2008, 04:41 AM

A box is only about $4 and last quite some time, They are stronger then you would think

Old 03-18-2008, 04:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

ok don't knock this one and don't laugh...it really works...a trick my dad taught me...

..add a spoonful of sugar

Jules
A spoon full of sugar has many uses

Quick Reply: Dirty Hands