Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"

Other site...

{Postor 1 who is a cop...}
They can tell you that they are doing directed enforcment, so if your getting several complaints about speed in a particular area, then they take away your discretion and tell you to write tickets for XX over. I am sure you know this is not the same as a quota but wanted to throw it out there. If they told us you have to write XX amount of tickets in XX amount of time or you will get a bad evaluation, then our FOP lawyers can and will file a law suit. Our command staff actually tried that (before I was hired) and they did file a law suit and got the policy overturned. Now if they wanted to pursue criminal charges that is up to the DA's.
Nice response from an everyday working joe...who happends to ride...

(Postor 2...not a cop...)
You can call it whatever you want but around here they expect their LEOs to make a certain amount of money and they actually had a story on the news a few weeks ago about how they are devoting so many new cars and officers and how much money they are expected to generate. Now how can they can know how much money they will make without a quota?

I sell flooring for a living and I have what they call a budget. If I don't meet these budgets I get a bad review. Hmph sounds like the same thing to me.

If you feel good about yourself hasseling the general public who pays your salary good for you. But I could do without cops personally.

Firemen, now they're the real heros. Most cops would let you burn to death in a vehicle waiting for the firemen to show up. Hell, I heard that straight from firemen. They hate the cops too and they work with them.
Discuss...
[/align]

Old 04-12-2007, 03:36 AM
Default RE: "Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"

Wow this thread is going to start another **** storm. Now it will be between the F.T.P.ers and those who kinda sympathize with police tactics. I'm gonna keep an eye on this one and just chill.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:39 AM

Poster 2 is just pissed off at the police for writing him many tickets.

Fireman are the real heros?? C'mon. He just hates the police for no reason, IMO. Yeah, there are a lot of cops that are messed up, but then again there is just as many or even more that are cool. I bet next time he has an accident or something bad happens, he will call the fireman and file a report. I don’t really even want to read what else he has to say. I can’t change the fact that he is one of those FTPers.

I support all police tactics, all the time. For me the Police officers are the real heros. They are the ones that get shot at and put their lives on the line for all of us. If they were not out there, all the cagers would probably do whatever the hell they felt like (not just cagers, EVERYBODY). They are the ones dealing with the drunks, drug addicts, mentally ill, homeless, thiefs, rapists, murderers, and all others for $45K a year. I really don’t care what someone says about the police, and howmuch they hate, they will still call us afterwards.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 AM

Even if it takes 2 hours for you to show up!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:08 PM

Here's a story for ya, during the nationals in syracuse last year, they had 10x as many cops patrolling a 1 block radius for cars and bikes doing burnouts, racing, etc..which is normally a very, very low volume area (this doesn't condone it to being ok to do it). While at the same time, in two different locations within the city a person was stabbed, they sat in their car, called for police, perp came back, stabbed them again and again, left. bystanders came out to help, perp came back to finish the person off, all before a cop got there.

Second location, different side of town, a woman was brutally raped....aww forget it. It's one of those debates and situtation where there will never be a finite solution because the system has become to large to control on a consistent level.

I'll just do the same and watch this thread.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:24 PM

My pops was a fireman for 25 years and i have personelly seen him at a scene run into a house. that was scary i didnt think he would make it out so if you ask me( nobody didnt so i will anyway..lmao) firemen are real hero's. Now cops i have family members that are cops and they put there life on the line also. The ticket situation is well documented that its in the city or state budget and the forcast how much revenue they will generate by writing tickets. I try and stay away from police at all cost..rotflmao i dont want to be the next person getting shot cause i grabbed my wallet. but they have a tough job. the problem with cops are the type of people they attract for the job. Also i think the community needs to get involved and have police that reflect the communities make up. for example in NYC china town has asian cops. They would be better equiped to handle people that are from there community and so on. Anyone who risk there life for a JOB is a hero to me thats why i have a desk job..rotflmao

Old 04-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

Here is the answer. DRIVE THE F**KING SPEED LIMIT!!!!

In 6 months the local and state gov't will have trouble justifying why there are so many cops on the payroll doing nothing. Cops will have time and be force to get real criminals. They will quit because it requires real work and thought and there is the element of danger rather than just running speed traps.

In another 6 months after that there will be like 3 cops on the planet and all of us can drive like maniacs. Do the math, think clearly and you will see that my twisted logic is right again.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Here is the answer. DRIVE THE F**KING SPEED LIMIT!!!!

In 6 months the local and state gov't will have trouble justifying why there are so many cops on the payroll doing nothing. Cops will have time and be force to get real criminals. They will quit because it requires real work and thought and there is the element of danger rather than just running speed traps.

In another 6 months after that there will be like 3 cops on the planet and all of us can drive like maniacs. Do the math, think clearly and you will see that my twisted logic is right again.
You my man are right. So how long will we have to drive slow 20-30 years? By Golly i like your thinking, So everyone SLOW down and when im 58 we can drive f^^king crazy

Old 04-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Thats why ccw's are important. Rapings andviolent rates drop dramaticaly with open and concealed carry permits. Look at vermont, one of the lowest crime rates with the most linient carry policies.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

It will take a few months maybe a year, here is why. Citys and towns constantly go for funding. When the need for these funds can't be justified, the funds go somewhere else...'use it of lose it'. Enforcement revenue begats more enforcement'. Enforcement is for revenue, not safety. The method of speed enforcement presently doesn't change behavior...it will require a different method. However the goal of enforcement isn't to slow people down, it is to....raise money.

So the bottom line is

a) more speeders require more enforcement
b) speeding revunue creates motivation (money) and the justification for more enforcment.
c) Cops hate danger...take the speeders away and then they have to deal with criminals

Quick Reply: "Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"