Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Digital Cameras ..... Thoughts???

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Cameras ..... Thoughts???

So, I am looking into getting a new digital camera and was wondering what you guys thought was a good pick. I dont want to spend over $300 or so for one, I would like to really spend around $250 or so if I can find one on sae or something. I dont mind to get one off ebay, I just want a new one, not used or refurbed. omething atleast 6 MP and 10X optical. I was looking at something like the Kodak Z712 or Z710 or even the Canon POWERSHOTSD750S or Fuji S700. It doesnt have to beone of those, just want some peoples opinion.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:43 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Digital Cameras ..... Thoughts???

I LOVE my Canon A630 8MP camera. Everyone always asks me what kind of Digital SLR I use to take my pictures. They are always shocked when I tell them it's a regular point-and-shoot digital camera. You can achieve amazing results with just about any good quality camera, but when it comes to shear amazement, Canon is the way to go.

If you really HAVE to have one with 10-12x optical zoom (NEVER use digital zoom), then I would have to say to get the 6MP Canon S3IS........

It's going for $162 on eBay right now.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Canon-...ayphotohosting

If you don't have to have the zoom, then I would seriously look into the camera I have (a630), because it's ONE HELL of a camera for the size/price. Just remember, the more you zoom, the ABSOLUTE IMPERATIVE that camera is held dead-still to get a clear shot. So if you're thinking about zooming in 10x, and holding it, you can kiss a crystal-clear picture good-bye. You almost have to have a mono-pod or tripod zooming in that much.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:29 AM

I have a Cannon Rebel SLR... great camera, kinda big. My gf has a Sony Cybershot that does wonders for such a little thing. If I were to by one, it would be that one, just cuz its so small and fires off pics quick. It's as much camera as my rebel, minus all the settings.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Canon Rebel SLR's are AMAZING cameras..........but I REALLY want a 40D (just thinking about that tent's my pants)

The only thing I don't like about Sony is their blues. They always turn out more purple than other camera's.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:31 AM

lol Rebel, he said he wants to spend $250. =P The S3IS is a nice camera but its pretty old. What are you going to be using the camera for? What types of pictures will you be taking, where will you be taking them? Personally I would NOT go with Fuji or Kodak I've always hated their digial cameras, no offence to you guys that have one. I like Canon and Olympus for a good brand when I sold them, but I liked to sell Panasonic mostly because that paid the most money! hehe

Old 10-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Banned

nikon s51.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:03 PM

ive got a Fuji Finepix S700 great camera never had any problems with it and the pic quality's are amazing. its a 7.1 meg camera with 10x optical zoom. think i payed about 270 for it new.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:19 PM

I just bought the Canon PowerShot SD1000 Digital ELPH. It's 7.1 megapixels and it takes great shots. It's compact, easy to carry in a coat pocket. I paid around $300 for it but you can shop around and get a better deal.

Check it out.

PS. SLR camersa are large and not pocket cameras. I also have the Canon Digital Rebel, 6.3 megapixels.It's the SLR camera everyone's mentioned and it's a great camera but it's big and not something you'll want to carry around all the time.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:24 PM

yup i have the fuji s700 and love it so far .. bluefox is right though . on that camera if you want to use the zoom on it you better look in to getting a tripod .. because its hard to keep that thing still enough to get a good clear shot . i have a post in the 600rr section with my bike up there that will give you an idea of the shots it will take a night . on tue. i'll be in austin with some guys and i'll let you see what kind of shots it takes in the day to :P

Old 10-27-2007, 06:36 PM

i have a kodak Z612 and I love it

Z = ?
6 = megapixels
12 = optical zoom

the 712's are nice too.

the only thing that sucks about camera's with a lot of optical zoom is that they aren't very compact. you can't keep them in your back pocket in other words.

i don't use mine that much cause i bought a canon SLR 400D XTi... but i am happy with my Z612. It's a good camera.

Quick Reply: Digital Cameras ..... Thoughts???