Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DIDNT THINK THAT A DAY LIKE THIS WOULD COME

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIDNT THINK THAT A DAY LIKE THIS WOULD COME

June 22 was a sad day here in baghdad for me and my maintanance team(9 man team). Gonna try and make this as short as possible so i dont use alotta time. Around 0515 we hear a gun shot rang out, thought it was offely close but we hear gun shots and ied/rpgs go off all day long. Continued our mornin like another mornin, come to find out by 0900 our 9th member of the team had committed suicide and did it about 100 ft from out room and work area. the part that bothers me the most is i went up to him and that picture will be wit me forever, now im just really uncomfortable around our area cuz of the sh*t. It just makes me mad and sick to my stomach that somebody will be selfesh like that instead of come to people that got love for him and care for him, he gave up on alotta people behind what we think is one person. we were more than half way threw wit our deployment, we all talked bout how we were gonna have a team party and get sh*t faced drunk and have our wifes/g-f's drive us home. we made an agreement that under our power that we would step off that plane togather. the guy was young, had a long life ahead of him and coulda done better for himself. One thing ive learned is there is nothin in this world that is worth takin ur own life for. if somethin is goin bad there is always somethin else better out there, theres no need for a perminant solutionto a temporary problem.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: DIDNT THINK THAT A DAY LIKE THIS WOULD COME

So sorry to hear that. I had a co-worker/friend kill himself at our work. It was on a Sunday after business hours(I wasn't at work that day). It broke our hearts. I couldn't go to that area in our yard, either, for a long time. I was actuallyscared. Very sad news...I'm sorry for your loss and his family's loss. Good luck to you.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:43 PM

Aww man, thats so unfortunate. Life can get really hard sometimes and make you feel like it's not worth trying anymore. May he RIP.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your buddie, had a local kid here about 2 or 3 weeks ago15 years old that hung himself (his mother found him),was part of our church, his family wasjust on a mission just last year in Africa installing "SolarPanels" for the locals, you'ed think a pretty leveld kid, but he goes and does something like that, can't figure what goes on inside of a person when they give up like that [>:]. On a diferrant note.... just to let all you guys and gals over in Iraq right know, "we all support you" there and hope you all gethome ASAP ! safe and sound [sm=patriot.gif]

Old 06-24-2007, 07:04 PM

sorry for your loss bro, hang tight, get home safe, hope at least the remaing crew your with can all get home togther.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:20 PM

im sorry to hear that man. im actually in balad right now. i was here last May also things got hard wife told me she wanted a divorce half way in the deployment. i lost 40 lbs in 2 months after that. thought about all the stuff your friend was thinking about but i did get help and i am better now as u can see im back here. well i still hate this place but i give you my condolences man. take care

Old 06-24-2007, 07:29 PM

i have been through many suicides-during the early80's-no warning and you are like wtf!!
i dont know what to tell you other then "sorry"-in my mind suicide is a unwanted fact of life!!
it sux!!-because when you are close by-you can do something to prevent it-but with out
warning you are unable
prayers sent to you,bro!!!
o8

Old 06-24-2007, 07:34 PM

Hey you guys who are on the ground there in the AOR keep ya heads up. Just know that we all are proud of ya'll. Maybe the day you leave Ill be the one flying ya home.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:48 PM

hell yah fly me home now! guessing you are a pilot eh?

Old 06-24-2007, 07:53 PM

nah Ima loadmaster on the C17s.

Quick Reply: DIDNT THINK THAT A DAY LIKE THIS WOULD COME