Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Did the police do the right thing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did the police do the right thing?

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

I nominate this post as "The Post with the Worst Grammar Ever."
Come on Bus I thought I was going to get it this year . I tried really hard as well with all my run on sentences, lack of punctuation, improper use of words and grammar, and even spelling. My life is just going down the toilet.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:04 PM

thanks a lot for the replies guys. Lemme point some things out.

Although it's organized by Racesauce.com, which likes to focus on models, stunting, drifting, racing, etc, this bike cruise did not do any of that on this cruise. Since we were being followed by a police chopper, before we even left the meet-up spot, the organizers strictly stated to everyone on the speakers, no illegal stuff, and we followed it.

I'm not pissed about the whole giving us tickets because of our expired paper work or no mirrors and stuff, i'm pissed about the fact that the police profiled ALL STREET BIKES as part of the group and gave them useless tickets (like the impeding traffic). Hopefully, those guys who were actually going home from work who got tickets fight it and get their way.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:07 PM

I say the cops were in the wrong in the case. It seems they were out to prove a point and it worked, but not the way they wanted it to since everyone there has now lost respect for the cops. I myself try to ovoid the cops like a chick with STD's LOL! Some cops are cool like the one that went after the guy for turning in fornt of us over the weekend when we were on the bikes, but most are out to push there weight so to speak. My mom and grandma always told me that you get more bee's with honey so maybe the cops shoud talk to them.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:22 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: ddaren

thanks a lot for the replies guys. Lemme point some things out.

Although it's organized by Racesauce.com, which likes to focus on models, stunting, drifting, racing, etc, this bike cruise did not do any of that on this cruise. Since we were being followed by a police chopper, before we even left the meet-up spot, the organizers strictly stated to everyone on the speakers, no illegal stuff, and we followed it.

I'm not pissed about the whole giving us tickets because of our expired paper work or no mirrors and stuff, i'm pissed about the fact that the police profiled ALL STREET BIKES as part of the group and gave them useless tickets (like the impeding traffic). Hopefully, those guys who were actually going home from work who got tickets fight it and get their way.
What would of happend if you didn't see the copter? would some of the guys doa little stuntin? Maybe they got reports from another ride that there was stunting going on(not saying it happend or it was your crew). It was just the officers making a point that they knew about the ride before it happend. Tickets are tickets no matter how they dish em out and if you aint up to par, your gonna get one. Im pretty sure the impeeding tickets were given to the loud mouths that past muster on inspectiom IMO.

I would fight the tickets but I fight every ticket no matter what.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: FireStourm

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

I nominate this post as "The Post with the Worst Grammar Ever."
Come on Bus I thought I was going to get it this year . I tried really hard as well with all my run on sentences, lack of punctuation, improper use of words and grammar, and even spelling. My life is just going down the toilet.
Better luck next year...

Old 04-02-2008, 06:11 PM

Read number 2. It's actually entertaining.

The answer is no.

http://blog.carmatchpro.com/?p=19

Old 04-02-2008, 07:39 PM

Officers need to have reasonable suspecion to pull someone over...IE, the avg person would think that a crime is being commited. However pulling over all of you at the same time if and only if what you are saying is true then yeah, the officers do have a problem...that was profiling....can they set up road blocks and saftey check points...not sure what the laws are in HI, but they can in PA, but there are rules attached to it. One of them being they can't just go out and throw up a check point real quickwith intent to nail a single person (or in this case group)....

Do I see ALOT of reasonsthey could legally pull those bikes over in those photos...hell yeah I do, most of us on here have illegal items on our bikes....so most of you were legally pulled over...but ethically, the officers could be wrong andyou could say you werediscriminated against b/c if you wanted to get into this real deep and start examining the officers involved and thier history of how they have or have not dealt withmotorcycles in the pastand drag it into court and yada yada yada.....

Again, I do not know the officers involved, I do not know that PD's past, I do not know that even what you are saying is the truth, maybe there were things going on that you did not notice....who knows, I was not there....where the cops right?Where you wrong?I don't know....

99% of officers out there do the ethical thing...it is those bad apples that cause such a get stir....and as much as you may not want to see it, the bad apples are looked upon negativly amoung fellow officers as well. How many times have you passed an officer and they done nothing, how many times have you been pulled over and got let off with a minor ticket? a warning? or nothing at all? How many times have officers come to the aid of those in need, be it a stolen bike or someone just wrecked and they are there on scene providing medical assistence and making the scene safer for you....don't lump all cops in will the select few ***holes....

Old 04-03-2008, 04:35 AM

Uhh take a look at their photo gallery and 5 yr bike cruise album. If thats not a stunting group I couldn't spot a bee in a clover field. The pictures clearly show them stunting on public roads. Pssh, write them all lol.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:16 AM

I got pulled over by a cop for speeding and didn't have any mirrors on, and didn't get a ticket (for either) so I don't think it's illegal to have no mirrors on. But that was back in 99, don'tthink the laws changed from then.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:43 AM

Lol it depends on what state you're in. That's like saying "I ate cream of mushroom soup, and got sick...so anyone who eats cream of mushroom soup is going to get sick". It all varies by state, so go to the library and look it up if you wanna know.

Quick Reply: Did the police do the right thing?