Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Did I get a ticket on HOV lane on damn bike? ROFL!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I get a ticket on HOV lane on damn bike? ROFL!

So I am bike-less, looking for a new bike now.
I was driving to work earlier today in my corolla and I was getting late to work and I was worried that I would be in deep trouble if I was late. I was 2 exits away and the traffic was literally bumper to bumper and there was no way I would make it in time so I decided to take HOV lane.

Got pulled over; which I deserved. In a hurry and on accident, I handed the cop my registration and license. I explained to the cop that I was getting late to work and risked getting fired but he did not give a damn.

So I got a $124 ticket and i was super pissed; staring at the ticket and starting laughing my *** off when I saw it had

My bike plates that i sold last month
Name: 2007 Kawasaki Japan
Mode: ZX600
Style: 4 door sedan. WTF?

Then I realized that I was in a hurry, freaked out and on accident, I gave him my Kawasaki registration (no damn idea what that was doing in my car)

I just thought I should share this with you guys. I have to pay $124 for a good laugh after getting a ticket lol

Attached Thumbnails Did I get a ticket on HOV lane on damn bike? ROFL!-ticket.jpg  

Last edited by superlund; 06-08-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:04 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I am not a LEO by any means but I think you might be able to fight that because you can tell the judge that you don't own a Kawasaki ZX600 and you might be able to get out of it. Not positive though.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
I am not a LEO by any means but I think you might be able to fight that because you can tell the judge that you don't own a Kawasaki ZX600 and you might be able to get out of it. Not positive though.
Yeah, definitely worth a shot if you have the time to fight it.

The highway I take into work is completely HOV (all 3 lanes) during rush hour and they are normally pretty loose on enforcing it. Today though they had 8 cop cars and cops standing in the middle of the road writing up everyone that was violating the HOV laws. Made the commute on my bike extra quick today!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:59 PM

Fight it, the cop should have caught the wrong info.

Smaller typos on tickets have gotten me out of trouble a couple of times.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you fight it they will 99% drop it.
I got off on a ticket because the cop spelled Mazda wrong he put "Maza" and they throw it out in court.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:13 PM
July 2008 ROTM

It will really depend on the people prosecuting it. Can't hurt to try, though.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fight it. I got out of a ticket because he wrote the 8 as a B. Little stuff works and that is not little. lol

Old 06-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd fight that. Like others - I know people that have gotten off for a lot less of an error on a ticket.

Plead not guilty. When the judge asks why, advise him that ticket references a vehicle you no longer own and weren't driving that day. That ticket doesn't reference whatever the officer observed that day. Doesn't matter if you were or weren't in violation of being in the HOV lane improperly. You weren't ticketed for it properly - that's the responsibility of the officer, and he didn't do his job.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:08 PM

Thanks for all of the responses. I am definitely going to plead not guilty. I'm still laughing at that incidence. For some reason its just so funny cuz for min i thought am I really riding a bike or just hallucinating or day dreaming. lol

Old 06-08-2011, 05:11 PM

and the cop was definitely not a rider. By the way, does Kawasaki makes 4 door 600cc sedan? LOL

Quick Reply: Did I get a ticket on HOV lane on damn bike? ROFL!