Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Did I do the right thing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I do the right thing?

So im cruising back into town, going about 45 in the right lane. This F150 takes a right hand turn out across both lanes and i turn all the way across 2 lanes into the turn lane while im braking hard as ****.. This move did keep me from being a part of his driver door.. at the same time it put me right next to this guy..

What do i see when i look over.. Some ******* with 1/2 a Whopper with extra cheese hanging out of his mouth, and both hands full of food.

I went ballistic. (me being a chubby mc chubberson can understand alittle) but i not so politely reminded him that we are back on the road again, and its not just him and his $1.49 worth of Trans Fat Bliss on Rt13.

The guy looked as scared as i was pissed so i left it at that, and just said look for us next time....

i feel alittle remorse for laying into the guy, but i also feel like anything short of me kicking his window out and dragging him in the street was a good lesson for guy..

I know some of you are reading this going.. hmmm.. he is a hothead.. and this is how we ended up with a 200pg Ladies Lounge dispute.. LOL <---well yeah.. i get pissed when people do stupid ****... <--even if that person is me..

Fill me in.. was i being an ******* or not? or rightfully so?

Old 04-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Default RE: Did I do the right thing?

*******?! HUH?!
You did alot less than I would of.
Thats all Ill say.
I had so many close calls last year. Im through being a nice guy when a driver almost kills me.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:44 PM
April 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely agree with CBRCRF. In my opinion you were nice to the guy. I dont blame you at all. When it comes to someone endangering your life, you have every right to be pissed. People don't pay attention to motorcycles. I am always getting pulled out in front of and cut off. I dont know what it is but people act like idiots around motorcycles. Now personally I am the most careful around bike, I think its just cuz i ride and dont wanna be one of those douche bags that bikers bitch about. So if it happens again you have my permission to give the guy a good lesson. LOL. Ride safe.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

okie, well.....what exactly did you do? sounds like you just yelled at him. i'd be pissed to. i think we all get a bit of road rage while riding, and afterwards do just what you're doing......wondering if we were a little over the top. you're still alive, breathing and able to ride...so, a good day!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:58 PM

Word.. I "got my mind right" when i got home.. so i feel great, and its no worries.. but the main reason i posted this is to get an idea of how people in general react to these situations.

Thanks for the input lets keep it going..

Old 04-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i normally get really pissed off. cracking into it and passing them to get away (and make loud loud noises in their ears ). i havent used my middle finger to express anger yet, lol. hmm, i make hand gestures (slaming phone down, pay attention).

i know me personally it gets to me when i see someone driving like a dumbass......i get furious then when i calm back down wonder if i handled it correctly and most importantly safely.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:06 PM

When people try to run into me, I normally have their attention by the time its over, like when they don't check a blind spot while traveling in traffic and try to run me off the road, I drop the clutch and let her rip. Then when I pass them they are undoubtable looking at me, so I give them the Robert DeNiro eyes on you gesture to remind them to pay attention next time. I don't even get that mad anymore, I'm used to it.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:10 PM

Ive gave the thumbs up sign a bunch of times when people try to hit me. After they see the thumb up I throw the middle finger out the side!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned

I think you did the right thing! Much calmer than most imo.

I hate when something like this happens and you find out its because of some idiot talking on the phone, eating, texting, looking for a cd, etc.....

I am on the road allot, be it for work or riding and I see this kind of bs all the time. Its tough not to loose your cool and just let everyone know what you think. My hats off to you for not taking it further.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:45 PM

Wait...did you yell at a different driver? Not the one that cut you off?

Quick Reply: Did I do the right thing?