Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Deserve More

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deserve More

So this being the off topic thread, I'm posting this here. I need you guys' advice on something.

I work at a Chick-Fil-A here in NC, and it was a great first job (started when I was 17). The hours are flexible, the people are for the most part nice, I consider some of them like family. I've been there two years so I pretty much know the store in and out. Recently (about 8 or so months ago) new people have been coming in. A lot of hire-on managers. And frankly, they suck. Theyre know nothing dumba**es, and they try to act like they know what theyre doing when in all reality they screw things up. Not to mention, a lot of new regular employees being hired (black shirts at my branch). So aside from the occasional annoyance, this hasnt been that bad for me, just more to put up with every now and then.

Thing is, having been there two years, I can do (for the most part) anything they need me to, better than most people in the store (only other people who match are those who have been there as long as i have). I'm still at $7.50 an hour, and that's AFTER a raise i got for who knows what (I think cuz min wage went up). I went in to talk to my owner recently about a raise, and he told me all the small stuff that is available to any shmuck that walks through the door. I'm trying to say "hey, i mean something to this company" and he didnt even take me seriously. I've seriously done a mangers job a few times, and im not even a team leader (second level, red shirt, manager is next in line, third level).

We have tests set up for advancement (8 of them) and usually you get raises based on completing those (0.25 per 4 tests, yeah its a joke, thats why i hate fast food), but I talked to a guy who was basically one of our worst workers, had never taken a test, etc. and he was at $8 an hour when I was at $6.75. Im STILL NOT making $8.

So the thing that brought this all on, is they werent giving me the BEST hours, which I need, but they were acceptable (17, wanted about 25, im in college), but I get my schedule this week and I have a WHOPPING 10 hours. I can NOT manage that, I'm in college, I have bills to pay, I need to save for an apartment after i pay the loan on my bike, etc.

So all that to say, do I stick it out, talk to the owner, finish the last test, try to advance, etc. OR do I find somewhere else? I want to find a job at about $9-10 an hour at LEAST but since Im in classes, idk if I can find that kind of job part time.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Deserve More

Personally i would start looking around. I dunno off the top of my head like a video store or something simple. I know around here Family Video pays like $10 an hour and they are open till midnight. I dont know how that would work with your schedule, but something similar where you could work a bit later and still get some sleep.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find another job 1st, they will check your references from your current employer plus it gives you a bit breathing space.
Once you have your other job (start date etc) Give them your resignation in writing, send a copy to the those above the ******* in your store & set out in calm & plain English why you are going, why they are loosing out on the deal & why you think the guys they are hiring as Managers are Dicks.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:58 AM

UPS, Fedex, Lowes, Home depot- those are the four best paying jobs i have found that you can work part time with flexible hours and need zero skills except for not being retarded, which should not be considered a skill. usually $10-12, get one of the jobs doin the heavy work and you can get the higher pay.

second option is..... Donate sperm lol for 45 mins a week you can bring in over $150 where i live, its different everywhere but im considering that now, im in college too so i know what you mean about money, its tight, and while ^^ is weird as **** it would be easy money... just an option.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:10 AM

dude, lol, I've SO considered donating SO many times, it's a brilliant idea to me, forget having kids everywhere, i'd have money, i dont care (it's being paid to jerk off, how good does it get?)

I have considered UPS a few times, heard it gets rough, but i like the physical labor, gives challenge AND builds muscle

Old 09-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hcstreetriding
second option is..... Donate sperm lol for 45 mins a week you can bring in over $150 where i live, its different everywhere but im considering that now, im in college too so i know what you mean about money, its tight, and while ^^ is weird as **** it would be easy money... just an option.
Used to have same type of thing happening at Sydney Uni in the 70's.

'Dean, I wish to convey my thanks to the introduction of the Sperm Donation program, thanks to you I have been able to purchase a car, pay off my student loan, saved a enough money for a holiday overseas & a substantial amount towards a deposit on a new Home.'

Your Sincerely
Joeseph Bloggs
c/- Intensive Care Ward
Sydney Hospital

Old 09-13-2008, 01:13 AM

yes ups will only give you maybe 15-20 hours a week but its much better money, my friend started at 13 i think, hard work but ehh ive done factory work before, its all the same, boring and tiring but its money

and i agree, getting paid to jerk off,,,, count me in lol im going to look into it more when school starts up again, im gone too much right now to keep a consistant schedule and they said that is a must( at least twice a week and must have a full day inbetween each.... GF would not be too happy about not gettin any all week)

Old 09-13-2008, 01:18 AM

So I tried researching it in my area and one of the sponsor sites that popped up from the keyword hits was "donate to girl scouts" LOL
not sure they have that available in NC, bummer, easy money

BUT, I'm thinkin maybe UPS if I go somewhere else

Old 09-13-2008, 01:18 AM

i can contact the one around here and the could probably get a list of all the places that do it in the US if you really want to know

o and how awesome would it be you have tons and tons of kids running around... they can contact you when they turn 18 if you allow then.... there is a chance one of themwill hit it big and get rich.... and early retirement anyone?? lol and if not then hell you didnt have to raise them so its like playing the lottery, cept your getting paid

just a thought that passed through my head when you mentioned having kids running around

Quick Reply: Deserve More