Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Depression

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depression

Riding motorcycles are dangerous,

But sometimes, Life seems more dangerous.

I'm struggling guys. I lost my medical and can no longer fly until i put a smile on my face. i'm working a desk job until this all goes away. sometimes i feel like i can't go on.

anyone else feel this way? girlfriend left me and i just downed a bottle of jack

anyone else? don't be ashamed because i just opened up a can of worms....

advice? anyone? desperate...

-Me

Old 12-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Default RE: Depression

Only one thing that helps me deal with a depression, and it's physical work, so just run to the gym and I promise you'll feel better. Bottle of Jack ain't going to help, cause it's depressant.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Well Ohio University I started a thread myself not much unlike this one, but I have a positive attitude and I'm hoping for the best outcome. It's always do or die literally isn't it for most of us. The sad thing is, you probably feel 100% physically, and just wanting to get back to what you know . Well my friend welcome to this mike-boat. Just want to remind you there are good reasons why we can't do what we know best how to do and it is because we would be putting others at risk along with ourselves. So let's hope for a speedy recovery for both of us. I know it must be difficultfor someone who is use to operating in a totally dimensional environment. I hope they will let you out of your gilded cage so

Old 12-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Retired Moderator

Fly,
I get the blues, bigtime, every winter. Last winter was especially rough on me. The dumb thing is, I have no reason to be depressed. My dad is the same way. If you can, try to think of the good things that give you comfort. I'll bet you could make a list, post them somewhere (like on the fridge), and use that as a mantra. Start your morning with a nice hot cup of coffee, read the list of things that make you happy, and maybe even read it outloud to yourself. One thing I do everyday, is write down my goal for the day in a pocket sized notepad. It is always something attainable like "play guitar today", or "make someone laugh", or "wash my bike", or...whatever. It helps me, and acomplishing that goal, however simple or corney, makes me feel better. Also, it helps to have a good support system. Your girlfriend just left, andnobody can say anything that will make you feel better about that, but lean on your friends and family during the hard times. That is why they are there. Feel free to PM me if you are feeling low. Sometimes, it feels good just to "get rid of stuff", especially to a non-judgemental stranger . Be well...

Old 12-21-2007, 02:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fact that your venting is a good start, stay off the ****, do some walking, talking, ride your bike to some places you haven't been to for a while, stick to your usual sleep rotine. If need be, seek some professional help.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:36 AM

Gotta stick it out , man. Get yourself listening to positive music, go to the gym everyday, and keep telling yourself that the adversity you face now will yield great rewards in the future. I had to do that for quite a while and it was rough. Thing is, now my life is heading on a more satisfying and appropriate path. Keep your head up. Oh yeah, and try not to drink or smoke if you can. It really only makes it worse.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:46 AM
VP

I get ups and downs at least once a twice a month man... no explanation, no rhyme or reason... I've been to doctors, psychologists, and clinics, and there's not really a good reason...every morning when I get up I just pray that it will be a good day and most of the time just having that optimistic attitude that everything is fine is enough to keep me fine... its much less often now that I have any issue any more that I use this method below

think about it like this: you have two kinds of thoughts: conscious and subconscious...negative thoughts plant seeds in our subconcious garden...those seeds grow into plants that are basically our conscious thoughts... if you force yourself to think positive you will see a change I guarantee it

Old 12-21-2007, 05:54 AM

im not very smart so im not going to try to incite words of wisdom, but bro, i hope you make it through. stay strong man. the moments are darkest b4 the sun comes out.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:02 AM
Banned

A girlfriend leaving you is only bad for the first three days. Sorry to hear about your medical and being stuck at a desk. I had this talk with a buddy of mine and he summed it up by saying, 'life really sucks, it is one problem after another, sometimes I think that the reason we are here is to solve problems.'

You may actually have a little clinical depression going on, something situational. I don't mean to sound like an *******, but maybe try some happy pills for a few months. Whatever the case is, whenever things look really bad, life is about to turn around for the better.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:57 AM

a lot of my family suffers from clinical depression. if this is the case for you, you need to get help. i know its not just the blues or feeling sad. its something deeper and harder to overcome. it will help going to the gym it is proven that physical activity will help with depression. jack daniels will not help with depression it will only make things worse. if this is an ongoing problem you need to see a doctor, it is not then time will help you get over your gf leaving. if you cant afford medication most doctors will give plenty of free samples to help you through. sorry about your situation, hope you feel better soon.

Quick Reply: Depression