Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Depressed About Bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depressed About Bike

This sucks. I don't have a bike any more. The F2 is in the process of a part out. Kinda stinks, b/c it still runs great. It just needed a front upper and a windshield. I just figured it was time to move on... It's sad, though. I had such a great time on that bike over the last few years, and hate to see it go in pieces. It'sonly happening this way b/c it'sthe best way for me to get the money for something newer. It feels wierd every time I take something else off of it,kind oflike I'm slowly killing off a good friend. Damn.

I've actually stopped posting in other areas of this forum, because it just depresses me more. I won't start up again until I get something else.

On a lighter note, I've decidedto get an F-4i! Seems like the perfect upgrade, and i'm sure it's gonna be AWESOME!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Default RE: Depressed About Bike

You're parting it out only because its missing a couple plastics?

Old 10-10-2007, 01:08 PM

yeah thats what i was thinking?
150.00 on ebay and youre good to go....

Old 10-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

its alright mad everybody needs to move on eventually and get something even better you will always think of your ld bike and be fond of the memories you shared but once you get a newer bike you'll be in love all over again

Old 10-10-2007, 01:19 PM

I know. I debated it back and forth, but decided to just sell the parts to make a little more. It's a bit of a hassle, but not that bad so far. I felt like it was time for an upgrade anyway, but it just sucks to do it this way. Also, I had just finished re-painting it a little more than a month before it went down, and I just don't have the time to do the body work (the lowers are rashed, and there are a few cracks that need repaired) and re-paint again. BTW, I needed the upper cowl stay, too, so the parts would have come out closer to $350.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

its alright mad everybody needs to move on eventually and get something even better you will always think of your ld bike and be fond of the memories you shared but once you get a newer bike you'll be in love all over again
I mean, as silly as it sounds, this is true. I'm sure I will.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:01 PM

Hey now, i dont even wanna hear it. My baby has been sitting in my storage unit all freakin summer long cause ive been having to work on her....think im goin on close to 4 months now!!!!!!! At least ur gettin a new bike soon.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Banned

Every once in a while a replacement isn't as good as the original vehicle. When I went from a 1988 Mustang GT convertible to a 1994 BMW 530i I really had a hard time. The mustang was FUN, the BMW was very nice but not FUN. When you do the F4i thing (or whatever bike) you won't regret it and until then you have something to look forward to.

Good luck selling those parts.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 PM

lol,I just thought of something. Check out what I said here at the bottom of the first page:

https://cbrforum.com/m_361041/tm.htm

Old 10-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

^ yea your a bikegetting rid of sell out.. just like me ... but we still luv ya

Quick Reply: Depressed About Bike