Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Decided to build my new computer

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Decided to build my new computer

Let me ask you this. Are you overclocking?

Old 01-17-2008, 03:44 PM

nooo. definatly not.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Then honestly, dont worry about heat, dont worry about buying the best power supply, dont worry about trying to correctly match your memory to cpu 1:1, because your just wasting money. Worrying about heat is like saying your going to buy a powercommander and you dont have a airfilter, slipon, and are not going to get it mapped. Theres no reason.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:55 PM

so was that one of those things where i answered my own question along with answering yours??

nauree..hows the bike looking? I just read your other post, SUCKS!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

...then i realize that i have a bad MOBO and have to wait[:@]..im hoping everything works. it seems like there has been a lot of quality control issues with almost all PC parts...
Happened to me a couple years ago when I built my machine. It built it at work, my boss loved that, and I started installing my OS and it took 4 hours and it was at like 2%. I kept trying again and again and I spent 2 days screwing around when I finally just went online and searched. I found out that the Asus A8N(32? I can't remember there were two boards I got the lesser one) but anyway I found out a lot of them had a bad BIOS right away so I had to update that and then XP installed in like 5minutes from HD format partition and install. It was sweet. I do have one problem though, I think it's a vid card problem or RAM I don't know but when I play my nerd game, yes WoW, the graphics lock up on me. Sometimes they come back sometimes the screen just sits until I get the blue screen of death. Stupid computer!

Anyway, sounds like you got a nice set up there man! Have fun building it, that's my favorite part. =)

Mike

Old 01-17-2008, 04:10 PM

I cant wait til i get all the parts to build it!! I think it is going to be my favorite part.

When you get the bluescreen, you should get a picture of the screen so someone can take a look at the details.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't really need to worry about heat in the antec 900 anyways. I only have my fans on medium and she stays nice and cool. If you start getting heat issues, turn the big boy on top up to high speed.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:08 PM

BSOD is usually the result of faulty hardware. Usually its the memory. It can also be unsupported hardware...which is usually memory. Say if the motherboard does not support this brands model of memory but does support the FSB it doesn't mean its gona work out for you. Usually its not a probably. You can download this program called Memtest98 and install it onto a CD. You run it before your operating system starts and it checks your memory for errors. 1 error is enough to make your memory bad. I think normal memory will not have any errors after like a 1 year of non stop testing. Whatever its some period of time thats huge.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they come out with a new memtest, or do you mean memtest86?

Old 01-17-2008, 06:07 PM

i mean 86 I couldn't remember the number

Quick Reply: Decided to build my new computer