Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Debt.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debt.

So I have a job now but not working for almost 3 months is still screwing me.

I owe my friends 320 bucks and my mom 475 (I don't think she expects it back but i am going to pay her when i get a chance) that's not including credit card.

it sucks, I get paid on Thursday and that's all going strait to my roommate who helped me out with rent this month, then next Thursday all my money is going to my other friend for a new motorcycle battery that he ordered for me.

When you live on the financial edge its not hard to fall off into the deep end.

I know this doesn't compare to some peoples problems with debt, but it is a ****ty feeling being in the whole, I am glad I have friends that will help me out, but I would much rather not need it.

This is another reason for me to hurry up and finish college so I get a real job and make some real money (and get into real debt haha, mo money mo problems, I know)

at least I don't owe anything on my bike.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:27 PM

first way to stay out of debt is lose the credit card. college life is hard. I lived off ramen noodles and mac n cheese for almost a year. I had a roommate that went to jail for stupid stuff I didnt know about, left me with an apartment that I couldnt pay for by myself, and no car.
even after college, I was still living on the edge. then one day I sat down and figured out I had to work like 20hrs OT a month just to pay the bills, and that didnt include the beer budget. I spent the next year with no cell phone, no cable, no extra nothing to get out of debt and have never looked back since. If I dont have the cash, I dont need it. That includes cars, bikes, toys, whatever. now, if I could only get rid of this house payment I would be golden

Old 01-28-2009, 06:26 PM

I feel your pain man. I owe my my roommate 350 for rent, my mom around 2 or 3k which she probably also does not expect me to pay her back for but i will over time and i owe my dad around sixty five thousand dollars that i will be paying back for a dozen or so years. I have to say classic has got the right idea. enjoy it while you can, pay it back when you can.