Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DC Police Officer Murders dog.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My pit "Titan" looks just like that dog. I would wait until I got released and go find the F***ing "cop" and give him a beating. No excuse for that. And it's not just him the people around him should have beat the crap out of him

Old 04-22-2012, 03:20 AM

If he has young children, and one of them was abused and shot for fighting back against another smaller aggressive child, justice will be served. Killing him only let's him off the hook, although I would have probably killed him myself spur of the moment emotionally driven. Funny thing, you can't shoot a police dog, they are considered an officer, a person. But if it's just a normal dog, there is nothing saying you can't shoot it, other than illegal discharge of a weapon. We had a case out here years ago where a guy shot the dogs OWNER because he was out walking with his labs, but said he was charged or frightened or something. Police found the dead owners dogs scared to death hiding back at their truck. Guy got away with it if I remember, because we all know how aggressive labs are right...(sarcastic of course). Stuff like that sickens me.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

Wow...
Maybe you should read this before jumping on the "fire the cop" bandwagon...

snopes.com: Dog Named Parrot

Old 04-22-2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by vfrman
Wow...

Hmm, this story is pretty old. Why didn't the original link have the whole story? Thanks for posting this.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:21 PM

Wow...

Originally Posted by chambers
Hmm, this story is pretty old. Why didn't the original link have the whole story? Thanks for posting this.
And that explains what exactly? That the cop stated he was justified and some people agreed? it says right in that story that other witnesses maintain that he went too far killing the dog.

The only thing not argued over is that two dogs got into a fight.

Abuse of power happens all the time, and no one is above reproach just because they are a LEO. Did you see the story about the dog Cisco that was killed by a cop on his own property? I suppose you think that guy was justified too.

Ridiculous.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1063552

Old 04-22-2012, 03:19 PM

Nate, I agree with you. My beef is with all the arm chair judges... none of us were there, so why do we feel the need to make a snap judgement without all the facts?

Old 04-22-2012, 09:45 PM

Did anything happen to the cop, it's been awhile since it happened?

The article vfrman linked to mentioned that Parrot bit the officer which was not mentioned in the original one. Upon looking at the washington post sources listed by the snopes page I can't find it in those articles. Did the dog bite the cop or was that just made up?

Old 04-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Nate, I agree with you. My beef is with all the arm chair judges... none of us were there, so why do we feel the need to make a snap judgement without all the facts?
i'm pretty sure the reason people "snap" judge is because of the abuse of power, and the lack of responsibility these LEOs are held accountable for. even when they do act in the wrong, they are hardly ever punished for it - even though they should be.

do you really find it "odd" that the police report was written up to show that he was justified in his actions?

Old 04-23-2012, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice
do you really find it "odd" that the police report was written up to show that he was justified in his actions?
Not at all. The officer is the one who wrote the report, so it will be from his point of view.

I am sure the LEO felt justified in his actions, but I can't know (and no one can) because I wasn't there and I wasn't him.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Default Line Stepper

Originally Posted by Conrice
i'm pretty sure the reason people "snap" judge is because of the abuse of power, and the lack of responsibility these LEOs are held accountable for. even when they do act in the wrong, they are hardly ever punished for it - even though they should be.

I didn't think we were allowed to talk like this about LEO's on this forum??

Quick Reply: DC Police Officer Murders dog.