Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Daytona 200 Live this week...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Daytona 200 Live this week...

Superbike = CRASH FEST

Old 03-10-2007, 10:05 PM

Formula X was such a disappointment.[:@]Who the hell runs out of gas?
Oh yeah speaking of all guys riding Gixxers are squids, Maldin is grand master in that parade.
Spieslooked very impressive and Duhamel suprised me.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

Roger is actually the youngest Hayden, Nicky (World Champion) is middle, and Tommy (Yosh Suzuki) is the oldest.
You know, that is a talented family...I actually didn't know they were related, but wondered.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:39 PM

Can't help but wonder what the outcome would have been if it wasn't for the gas fiasco. But, I certainly can't take it away from Kawasaki.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:41 PM

I just got back from the race, and all I can say, is that I have a new respect of for the sport. I have a few pictures and short videos of it, but it was pretty awesome. It was my first live race, and I think it was pretty schweet.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:16 AM

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

I just got back from the race, and all I can say, is that I have a new respect of for the sport. I have a few pictures and short videos of it, but it was pretty awesome. It was my first live race, and I think it was pretty schweet.
Is it me or was that place empty! When the would give a panshot of the grandstand it looked like there wasn't anybody there. You should have made a "CBR FORUM 4 EVAR" sign and then streaked across the track.We deffinitly would seen ya.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:21 AM

Hahaha, yea, that would have been funny!!!! But yea, there was like barely anyone there. There way a lot of people sitting towards the top of the grnd stands, but no more then a coupl ehundred people. I didnt see a whole lot at all. I took some of the Honda flag things that setperated the grandstands haha, I know its cold and old ladyish, but hey, I wanted some.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:43 AM

yeah the 200 was crazy, but the racing was actually great
Miggy would have most likely run away with it (but it would have taken longer than it usually does)

the strange thing is that he is saying they didn't run out of fuel but actually had a problem with the fuel pump. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense though because Josh Hayes very obviously ran out of gas (they just filled his tank and he ran the rest of the race without issue).That would however explain Gobert because he supposedly ran out of gas a half lap AFTER his pit stop

The whole running out of gas thing was definitely a freak incident, somebody either miscalculated or didn't take some things into account. I would guess because of how many riders were battling in the lead group, they probably all were grabbing more throttle than they had been in practice. Or maybe the Hondas were just guzzling gas more than they were on Thursday, stranger things have happened

overall I thought it was great, in my mind Chaz Davies was the biggest surprise. I think everybody knew he would do well but his first time at Daytona and he's battling in the lead group of the Daytona 200, now thats incredible!

Luckily we didn't hear anything out of Fania, no televised controversial incidents at least
Josh was doing great, I really think he'll win a 200 in the next couple years

in all honesty the Daytona 200 is completely irrelevant anyway, the riders just want to get some points and move on. If it didn't have so much history, the race wouldn't still be around, at least not as part of the AMA schedule.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:44 AM

woody beat me

Old 03-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your right Woody he didn't give up, his mistake (weird braking I thought it looked like) just put him too far behind too make up in half a lap. I think give him a few more laps and it would have been a tied race down to the .001 sec. They were running almost exact same lap times for soo many laps it was awesome. I started watching late and didn't know why the hondas weren't up there. I only caught the last 15 laps. But it was an awesome race When west lost it on that corner and stayed on, got back up and went back in was awesome. I'm pretty sure I'd be dead if I tried to slide hanging on to the bike and then get back in there like nothing happened. Anyway cool race, when's the next one?

Quick Reply: Daytona 200 Live this week...