Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

THIS DAY SUCKS!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THIS DAY SUCKS!!!!!!

I have to sell the bike due to a serious financial crunch. Iam a self-employed plumber.With thecombination of a poor December, and January not getting off to a good start. Ihave beenput in a tough spot.

Along with breaking up with a psycho girlfriend and a roomate moving in november, I am stuck with all the bills to myself. I have also had to give my right hand man time to find another job. I have big work coming up in Feburary but no way to make things stretch till then. I dont know what's worse, loosing my best/only guy or loosing the bike.

So I sold the bike. Theguy who bought itis picking it up tommorrow. I would go out for a one last ride tonight, but with the combination of very high winds and heavy rains, I have chosen not to. With my luck I would put it down.

I know it is just a possesion and I will be able to purchase another bike when work picks back up. But this fu**ing sucks!!!!
Being self-employed brings a ton of stress. Riding the bike was one of theonly things that got my mind off of work.

I know my troubles are nothing compaired to the likes of what someone like HC & Sweetpoet are going through, or the poeple that have recently suffered through natural tragedies, war, etc...... But this day sucks!!!!!

So it appears that I am going to be a depressed poserlurking around here for the next few months.
Until I pick up my next CBR.
[:@]

Old 01-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: THIS DAY SUCKS!!!!!!

That really sucks man. I'm a bit in a little financial crunch right now myself (student loans ran dry)......and know the feeling of looking at your account balance and being surprised (in a bad way though).

Sucks that you had to sell the bike man. Just tough out the month of not having one. I've been going crazy since the crash that put mine out of commission. It was 70 here today, perfect day to ride..........and no ride to ride on. [:@] So I took my anger out on the rental car. j/k

But seriously, good luck man. I really hope everything works out for you. Keep your chin up, you can always get a new (and better) one once your financial luck turns for the better. (or buy it back)

Old 01-05-2008, 01:08 AM

I am self-employed too. I totally understand what you are going through. I would be depressed x2. I hope that never happens to me because its my only transportation since I returned my car tag to DMV. Why pay insurance for a car I don't drive at all?

I don't think posers have the passion you have for bikes. I hope everything goes well and you get a bike soon. What do you think your next bike will be? F4i, RR, 1000s?

Old 01-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Banned

Thanks Blue!
Ride that biotch like its a rental!!! lol.... Didnt they give you something nice to drive. I thought it wassomething like the new GTO or something.

Quick,

I will probably get a new or newer RR. Just not sure if I want the 600 or 1000 yet. Probably going to go with the 600. I live really close to the city so I think the 600 suits me better for thecity/weekend canyon warrior riding.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Retired Moderator

^^ Yep. A Pontiac G6 GT V6. Fully loaded too. I'm impressed how nice it is for an intermediate rental. (though, a Charger would have been nice too). The first G6 I had was silver, and about a week after I had it, they called me in and said that they sold it (???), and I needed to be swapped out with a different vehicle. So they swapped me out for a Kia Optima. [:'(] I drove 1 block and turned around. It was so small and cramped.......not to mention SUB PAR compared to the G6. So I said it was unacceptable and I needed something better or comparable to the G6........

........well, the dumb a** woman at the front desk goes "Well, we have another G6 if you want that." But you could tell she was hesitant about it. Just then I didn't believe the whole "car was sold" thing either because when I went back after getting the Kia, they were just finishing up re-renting the silver G6 I just returned to another dude. So I told them I want another G6........and they were still hesitant, almost calling me a liar that my knees were touching the steering wheel. So I called up my insurance company (and spoke loud enough so they could here) and asked them to switch rental companies because Enterprise was being argumentative............so after all that, I left Enterprise with another G6 and still have it until they finish up with my claim.

I'm thinking they thought that since I was a customer that isn't actually paying for the vehicle (the insurance is) they could swap me out for a s**t car. They even put a hold on MY credit card for $250 bucks until I bring it back........even though they said they wouldn't since the insurance is covering it. I might have to visit them tomorrow and query about that.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Banned

Yeah I hate dealing with insurance provided rental car companies. They always try to stick it to you. Just like you said, since your not the one paying, who cares what you drive. I went through something similar when I had my BMW and it got tagged by some ***** in a SUV. The rental company tried giving me a sub-compact. I didnt even sit in it, just told them no way. Then I drove away in a intrepid or something. WTF?? How does that work. Oh well. It all works itselfout in the end. Hopefully

Old 01-05-2008, 01:58 AM

Yeah, I've faced this crises a few times now, being a self funded retiree, but some how managed to wiggle out of doing it at the last minute. Money worries are always a pain.
On the bright side, you can drive bike dealers crazy, kicking tyres, go for countless test rides, spend hours in the dunny browsing through bike mags & brochures & then when the big day comes around again (hopefully by your summer) get all excited with your NEW BIKE!!!!!

Old 01-05-2008, 08:23 AM

Just gotta hang in there, man. Things will come back around. Test ride a new RR and you'll forget all your troubles for a few minutes.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Retired Moderator

Sorry Schultzy...that's really tough. I think those of us who work "for the man" always romanticise working for ourselves or having our own business (I know I do), but the reality is you are responsible 24 hours a day. I see a TON of contractors in my area who got their asses kicked by the housing market going into the toilet, plus the economy is fishy for numerous reasons. Hang in their, bro. If you've done it long enough, you know that these things go in cycles. Get your wish list going, start setting what extra money you can find (even if it is $20 here and there), and look forward to February!

Old 01-05-2008, 11:48 AM
RCR

HAng in there buddy, It is tough this time of year and hopefully it will work to your advantage and make you a smarter business man(we need to get knocked down once in awhile to get better).

I learned to save on the fat months for these harder times. I employ 6 people right now and payroll alone is enough to make ya cry with not as much work going on.

The selling of the bike really sucks but can be replaced (at least it is the winter time). Letting go of your helper has to be tough and hopefully he can find work also. Remember your not the only one struggling out there so start handing out flyers door to door just pick up extra work.

This last monthI have had three guys call me (that used to work for me) asking for their job back because they have been laid off. Unfortunatly Im close to having to let one of my crews(2 guys)go right now.

Quick Reply: THIS DAY SUCKS!!!!!!