Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dangerous road our government creates

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:52 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dangerous road our government creates

My friend almost crashed this morning. It is a very windy and rainy day today so he was actually riding slower than normal. He was taking a freeway off ramp. This off ramp has two rolls of traffic button where the car tires go over to slow down the traffic.

He avoided them like he always does and he was not even on the turn. Then all of the sudden, gust of wind pushed his rear off to left and push the rear tires on to those button and made the rear slip to the side and at the same time bike lifted like 3 feet up in the air facing sideway almost going off the ramp. when the bike landed, he managed to straighten the bike. minor scratches on bottom fairing and the oil tube came off. but that was all.

I almost slipped on those long time ago, so I called State DOT and asked if they could use something else. Then this girl that answered the phone started to put me down.

girl: (with insulting tone) Have you taken motorcycle safety class? you are not supposed to be riding in the middle of the lane.

me: yes I know that I did take the class. so where are we supposed to ride then? on those button?

girl: no, you are not supposed to ride on that. move to the next lane

me: it is one lane off ramp, have you been there?

girl: yeah I go on that ramp everyday. you supposed to ride on the shoulder/ emergency lane. there are different rules for motorcycles. (My thought... so do I risk a possibility that car behind me might pass me on the lane while I am on the emergency shoulder lane on one lane off ramp?)

This is a short version of the conversation but she started change her tone when she realized she was being unreasonable. Where he was riding was not the problem in this case. if there was none of those buttons, rear tire would never have slipped. She finally said when state designed and built these streets, they were only considering the cars, not motorcycles.

She asked if I want someone to call me back on this, and I said yes. If something like what happened to my friend happened to me, I know I will have bigger possibility of crashing. I told her I don't wanna have accidents because of the road conditions or what state put on the road.

I woke up with some nightmare dream this morning, I was bitchy this morning,

Old 02-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

Fun fact: they are called bots dots. But yea I hate those things they use them to mark the lanes on tight corners in my town. As*holes

Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

You seen the ones they use in Vegas? The are like half a damn soft ball glued to the ground.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:57 PM

"gust of wind pushed his rear off to left and push the rear tires on to those button and made the rear slip to the side and at the same time bike lifted like 3 feet up in the air facing sideway almost going off the ramp. when the bike landed, he managed to straighten the bike. minor scratches on bottom fairing and the oil tube came off. but that was all. "

wut?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:58 AM
August 2011 ROTM

gusts of wind was up to 40 mph since last night to this morning. Wrong place at wrong time

Cold front brings heavy rain and strong winds to Hawaiian Island - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Old 02-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Can't say I've seen any of those...but they sound STUPID!

Old 02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

they are the reflective things on the ground as well.