Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Damage report (pics) 56k may be tough

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damage report (pics) 56k may be tough

Guess i figured i would post up the end results of my little trip down the pavement the other day. All in all the report is very good, in fact i did not even report it to my insurance. Parts needed for repair are as follows: left mirror, left clip on, stator cover, and honestly thats all i would need to get it back to rideable. However i am picky so i need the following also: grips, bar ends, frame sliders, front pegs, repaint on front faring, new sticker and some sanding on tail section, need the swingarm spool mount re welded to swingarm. That should take care of the bike, so all in all a pretty good result for me considering the bike slid about 75 feet or so. I will definatly be buying the Shogun sliders again, did a friggin great job. I also need new gear of course, jacket, helmet, gloves, and boots all got pretty torn up, and helmet took a good hit in the rear. Again i guess i am about as happy as i could be for going down at 35-40 mph, little rash on the leg, bike not in real bad shape, and again thanks for all the well wishes from all of you, it helps. Here's a few pics of the damage.

Bottom of swingarm where the spool weld broke off, i think i can clean and re weld it

Old 03-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Damage report (pics) 56k may be tough

doesnt look too bad, chief. you made out quite well, compared to what it could have been.

and TK.....that mirror isnt that bad off. just get yourself some colored pencils, some white paper......and start drawing a nice twisty, colorful background and cut to size. put that in the mirror and you're good to go

let us know when you're back on two!

Old 03-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

and TK.....that mirror isnt that bad off. just get yourself some colored pencils, some white paper......and start drawing a nice twisty, colorful background and cut to size. put that in the mirror and you're good to go

Thats good lol. The housing for the glass is actually cracked from the bottom right corner almost all the way to the top left, its almost in 2 pieces.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:08 AM

Piece of cake TK..you'll have her up and running in no time. Shogun sliders did a good job....could have been a lot worse. Keep us updated!!

RED [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-30-2008, 10:11 AM
RCR

Not bad for 35mph. Glad to see sliders did their job agian.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:25 AM

Were those "no cut sliders" ? looks like they held up pretty well.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:47 AM

...that is truely amazing that it still was little damage..the most seems like the gear had all of it.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... Tough luck man.[&o] Didn't you just get a new leather jacket? Was that that you were wearing when you went down?

Old 03-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

OKIE i am not sure if they are not cut or not to be honest with ya.

Matt 2nd time i got to wear the jacket, its pretty mucked up. Fortunatly the place i got it still had one more my size on clearance, so got another one.

Again i cant stress enough how much my gear saved me, i have one little rash / bruise on my left hip where i initially hit the pavement, otherwise not a scratch on me. I will happily buy new gear to not have scars.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:48 PM

At least it didn't go down on the exhaust side of the bike! That saved you a few hundred $$$

Quick Reply: Damage report (pics) 56k may be tough