Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Took MSF--Total noob class;pointless

Every oportunity to learn is a good one.
If you think the MSF basic course was a waste of time... then I'm sorry to say, you wasted your own time, and the learning oportunity. If the class is not challenging enough for you. it isn't meant to be. It's the basic foundation of good riding skills.
Your attitude towards the class is what made you miss out on the oportunity to learn something from it.

How good do you think Michael Jordan would have been, if once he learned how to dunk, he decided that he didn't have to practice free throws anymore (read his book "For the love of the game" and you'll learn that what made him such a great player was the fact that he practiced the basics EVERY DAY (yes, one of the greatest basket ball players of all time, and een when he was at the top of his game he still spent hours practicing basic dribbling drills, and free throws.

Same thing with a motorcycle. You will never be experienced enough that you can't learn something new, or go back and correct some bad habits you may have picked up along the way. Want more info? Pick the brain of your instructors! They are usually teaching the course beacuse they like to, and will be more than happy to share that little bit of extra wisdom with whoever asks for it. Or if you're looking for a challenge, take the Experienced riders course, or go to a track day/racing school.

Yes, any drill they teach on the course you could have done on your own... but then you wouldn't have an instructor who knows what to look for, watching and correcting any mistakes you make. That's what the course offers you that you can't easily get anywhere else, and the fact that is's on a closed, controlled environment, as opossed to trying the drills on a commandeered parking lot, hoping nobody pulls in to park, or worse, trying it on a public road, where you should be watching out for traffic, instead of concentrating on some cones on the floor, or correcting your form.

Sometimes the most important lessons to be learned have nothing to do with what you're being taught, but rather HOW you are being taught...

...food for thought.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Typical thread from this person. Pointless and without any merit at all.

Did you get a bike yet?????? No? Hmmmm...

Old 06-23-2007, 06:28 PM

Well X:

you can lead a horse to water...

...But I get the impression this one is dead set on dehydrating itself...

Old 06-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

Well X:

you can lead a horse to water...

...But I get the impression this one is dead set on dehydrating itself...
hahahaha, I think you're right.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

yea you can take the ERC course @ safetyville (safety center) in sacramento. its off of bradshaw rd. it's $100 and a 1day 8 hourclass. you ride your own bike and the instructors ride theirs.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: ZJcrawler45

The MSF course is for total noobs, i got one more day left 2marrow and so far i have learned nothing except common sense. Also everyone in my class doesn't even belong on a bike, theres like grandsmas, and wannabe gangsta girls, and nerds that know nothing about bikes. They don't even know how to shift or use a clutch and it especially pissed me off when they couldn't follow directions for the differents stages. I highly do not recommend it, expecially if your reading this; because if you are, you should already know everything about bikes thats taught at that class. I guess a good thing is that i get my license waved?
Hmmm, 1 more day and you have no idea if you'll learn anything. It's no wonder the stats from my state show that half of new riders will have an accident in the first 6 months. I guess it would also be pointless to mention that insurance companies give discounts because you took the safety rider course. I guess it would be pointless to mention that once you pass the course, in many states you don't need to take that DMV test to get a license. I'm sure glad you find it pointless.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:01 PM

OP is the guy thats dad won't let him get a bike.

/end thread

Old 06-23-2007, 07:02 PM

wtf it double posted

Old 06-23-2007, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: ZJcrawler45

The MSF course is for total noobs, i got one more day left 2marrow and so far i have learned nothing except common sense. Also everyone in my class doesn't even belong on a bike, theres like grandsmas, and wannabe gangsta girls, and nerds that know nothing about bikes. They don't even know how to shift or use a clutch and it especially pissed me off when they couldn't follow directions for the differents stages. I highly do not recommend it, expecially if your reading this; because if you are, you should already know everything about bikes thats taught at that class. I guess a good thing is that i get my license waved?

I guess common sense isnt important...

Also, the MSF course wont teach you to drop a knee, nor will it teach you to do 12 o'clocks... But, it will give you a solid foundation to do anything you want to do on a bike. You would be surprised how much the little things help your riding, from wrist positioning, to the braking exercises they have.

I give it less than a year before you become a statistic.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:52 PM

OP, remember this? Used helmet for $44
You said, "what a deal!" and D2 said, "Yeah, a deal for whoever you bought it from ........."

Everybody has a lot to learn. Nobody knows everything. I was one of the people that didn't know squat about how to ride a bike. I took that class to learn and I am grateful for it. Who are you to talk down to them???? You don't even have a bike yet because your daddy wouldn't let you get one. We're all in this together...kind of like a support group. Feel free to voice your opinion, but don't be so retarded and cocky.