Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Custom Charges on China Fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:40 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Custom Charges on China Fairings?

I just ordered a set of faiings from cbrfairings.com and was wondering for anyone who has ordered the chinese fairings how much were you hit with custom charges when they come in?
They are being shipped USPS.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the US it was just like 65 shipping and that was it... IDK about canada tho

Old 07-20-2011, 08:40 AM

Yeah, I paid the $42.99 for shipping but just wndering if I will get Dinged with a custom charge when they are delivered.

Thansk,

Old 07-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

well, cbrfairings is located in my town. so they eat the custom charges from china. so i didn't get any extra charges, however, you're in canada, so you might.

it'll be like sending something from florida to canada. thats how you should look at it.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:10 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

shipping big items from us to canada sucks (so idk what they will hit you with), normal boxes are fine....

however NEVER ship things flat rate priority, it would have cost me probably 80 bucks rather than $22 to ship them

Old 07-20-2011, 12:59 PM

I have aftermarket fairings, and countless times instructed you on cutting out the middle man (cbrfairings.com). What they had listed on my auction is what I paid. Now if you have to pay extra i dont feel bad for you because i tried to help. I didnt speak on something i knew nothing about, i spoke on something I just "went thru".......

I ordered a set of bar end mirrors from china, and like the fairings, i paid what was listed. Nothing extra...

Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
I have aftermarket fairings, and countless times instructed you on cutting out the middle man (cbrfairings.com).
Originally Posted by Conrice
well, cbrfairings is located in my town. so they eat the custom charges from china. so i didn't get any extra charges, however, you're in canada, so you might.
Like txs is saying about the middle man, cbrfairings.com works their costs (shipping from overseas to them and any customs fees) into their normal price. So, the customer is actually paying all the fees that cbrfairings encounters when ordering from their distributor, they don't "eat" anything. The ebay store txs listed a while back that ships directly from Hong Kong, it's $100 or so cheaper because the fairings aren't being shipped to cbrfairings then again to the customer.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by DammitMike
Like txs is saying about the middle man, cbrfairings.com works their costs (shipping from overseas to them and any customs fees) into their normal price. So, the customer is actually paying all the fees that cbrfairings encounters when ordering from their distributor, they don't "eat" anything. The ebay store txs listed a while back that ships directly from Hong Kong, it's $100 or so cheaper because the fairings aren't being shipped to cbrfairings then again to the customer.
Thank you. I have seen several people on this forum purchase directly from the manufacture over the years. I will go as far as saying "i played the test dummy" being that I bought in May. When I contacted the seller, they replied within the day. The amount of time it took was about 10 days after they sent me a message saying it had been shipped. I have ordered atleast 10 parts from China, and ship times were usually 7-10 days so I wasnt upset. But hey, my "information" is junk.....

Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've ordered multiple times direct from Chinese parts & electronics distributors, and have never had to pay any customs charges.

How many of these threads to we need around here - listen to Tx, and everyone else, and the multiple threads in every forum around here it seems.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
I have aftermarket fairings, and countless times instructed you on cutting out the middle man (cbrfairings.com). What they had listed on my auction is what I paid. Now if you have to pay extra i dont feel bad for you because i tried to help. I didnt speak on something i knew nothing about, i spoke on something I just "went thru".......

I ordered a set of bar end mirrors from china, and like the fairings, i paid what was listed. Nothing extra...
I actually did listen to you and sent your seller 3 emails and tried to contact them through MSN on numerous occasions and got no response but from cbrfairings.com I got a response to all my questions within 12 hours.

I listened to you and I'm sorry but if they don't respond to anyone trying to give them business then what are they going to do if I have a problem?

They might have been great to you but to me not so much.
Thank you for your advice but that route didn't work out for me.

My apology's to all from ordering from cbrfairings instead of straight from the chinese seller who would not return my emails.
And as for the mulitple threads on custom charges, Its hard to type "custom" into a motorcycle website

Last edited by jeffjones; 07-20-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Custom Charges on China Fairings?