Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

crowded

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crowded

So I just got back from the gym and have to say it was a little more crowded than I expected. I know people have their New Years Resolutions to go to the gym, but it was 11am. I had to wait for machines. I go to 24hr fitness, but I go to the express one instead of the bigger gyms. I like how small it is and never have to wait. So I expect it to be a little busy the next week or so and am not that happy about it.

Good thing people never stick to their resolutions and in a couple weeks or so it will be back to normal. This is not a life or death rant, but did want to vent.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: crowded

People *try* to follow through with their resolutions but they all have one common problem. They're flawed (human).

Old 01-02-2009, 02:39 PM

Way of the world. I wonder how many hours of people's life do they spend waiting in line(s)

As for me I prefer to work out at home.. so when the big block head that hogged the bench forever finally gets up, and leaves his nasty sweat stains all over, it wont be me laying in it.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:42 PM

I expect the gym to be busy starting from next week, but by the end of Feb it'll be back to normal - until July/August when people think a week's training before their holiday will make a difference!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:16 PM

working out only for the end results never lasts, ever, you either like or you don't. if you don't but force you self to because you want to get in shape, you will never be able to stick with it long enough to see any results.

thus, your gym will be empty once again in few weeks like you predict, BUT, the gym also probably made a hefty profit off of all the people who told them selves this time it was for real and went ahead and bought a year long member ship.

I recommend push ups at home until the misery of exercise thins out the herd of cows for you.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Thats why i work out at home.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:53 PM

i always hate the first few weeks of every semester at my school as far as the gym goes because its packed with everyone trying to "get back in the gym" and aggravating all the people that never left haha

Old 01-03-2009, 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

working out only for the end results never lasts, ever, you either like or you don't. if you don't but force you self to because you want to get in shape, you will never be able to stick with it long enough to see any results.
I agree completely, either you enjoy training or you don't - those that don't should really look for something physical they do enjoy instead.

For me, bikes and the gym could keep me busy day in, day out - all I need is that lottery win......

Old 01-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm absolutely addicted to fitness. No going back to it since I never leave it.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:11 AM

Well I've had a 3 year period where I couldn't train properly - only 1-2 times per week at best. But in the Summer I finished what I was doing and since then have been able to get to the gym on a regular basis. I'm looking forward to a good year down the gym in 2009 - for no other reason than I enjoy it!