Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crazy Weather

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy Weather

How bout this wierd weather? 2006 was warmest year in recorded history. Record highs for Denver last weeknow 1-2" ice for mid-west?!?! Post your thoughts.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Default RE: Crazy Weather

Worst part is that I'm working on my "winter" project but I could be riding if my bike wasn't in 50 peices. [:@]Nice weather though. Summer is going to suck @ss.

MDFF

Old 01-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Banned

Yeah, a ton of riders here have their bikes torn down... I get that shaking head a lot when I ride by like, "why did I tear it down so early...?"

It is nuts that I've not stopped ridingat all since getting my bike in October. I've put officially over 5K miles on that bike since then and it wouldn't have been possible if this was a normal season. I don't know about you guys, but I have The Weather Channel desktop and I check it every day. So far, that little thing has been far more accurate than any weather channel, local or otherwise...

It says that next Wednesday we'll be back up in the 30's and sunny... that's riding weather for me!

I can't help but to think that sooner or later, the weather is going to LICK **** and I'm gonna be stuck inside

Old 01-12-2007, 01:38 PM

It's actually not a good thing.... Global Warming ring a bell?
Ride your bike, not your care - help with reducing CO levels

Old 01-12-2007, 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: mannyrios

It's actually not a good thing.... Global Warming ring a bell?
Ride your bike, not your care - help with reducing CO levels
yeah thats right...the worlds gonna end from all of this crap. i just hope i go before all that

Old 01-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Banned

Yeah, I don't know.

I've done a bit of research (not scholarly, mind you), and I think global warming is more myth than anything. More along the lines of the Earths natural life-cycle to be the perp.

It is crazy though, we've only gotten one snowfall this year, just a layer really, and it lasted a day. As I'm looking out my window now, I can see that it snowed last night, just a wee-bit (less than an inch). Plus, with the temps being in the 30's and 40's next week, it won't be around long.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

I've done a bit of research (not scholarly, mind you), and I think global warming is more myth than anything. More along the lines of the Earths natural life-cycle to be the perp.
That's my belief as well. Tons of folks believe the global warming theory, I'm just not convinced.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Global warming. Ah well. I do my bit by recycling and riding my bike instead of driving the car. In south western Ontario, Canada the weather has been great. I think we have had only a couple of days of snow. I put the bike to sleep for the winter during that time and well there have been ample of times for me to go out. Been kickin myself since.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Banned

Recycling is another waste of time. It takes so much more energy to complete the recycling process than it's ever created...

Watching Penn & Teller's Bull**** can make someone a very cynical person indeed.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:49 PM

Cracks me up to see people getting all worked up about global warming. It is def happening, and has been happening for a lot longer than we've been burning fossil fuels. I'm pretty sure if we were around the last time there was an ice age (which wasn't all that long ago) that some moronic left wing douchbag would be telling us that we caused that too. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of areas that we can improve our footprint on the enviroment. Global warming is a natural cycle that can not be stopped or slowed, no matter how much recycling you do. There are many countrys (like china and the former soviet union) that produce way more waste that the US, and have no concern about how it effects the enviroment. Al Gore, and the wingnuts that buy into his view on enviromental policy are looking for a reason to make themselves and what they believe important. Burning fossile fuel IS a problem, because its going to run out eventually, but as it gets scarce, it gets more expensive, and other sorces become economicaly viable. Capitalism, funny how that works.

Quick Reply: Crazy Weather