Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crazy riding buddy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda125 358
I like waking up early too. If I get up late I feel like my day is over....just an awful way to start the day.
I'm highly insomnic so for that reason mornings are hard for me but I feel much more productive when I do. If I start work earlier, I get off earlier = more time to do stuff. A female friend of mine moved in recently and she's somewhat of an early bird. It helps me to get up! I normally wake up early because one of my cats stand on my head but then go back to bed after given them food.

Anyone else have a riding buddy that's a bit too nutty? It doesn't necessarily have to be someone that constantly speeds. It can also be a poor rider with poor judgment.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha I wonder why everyone on this thread so far likes to ride early morning?

Its such a nice night out right now, I'll be sure to get a summer night ride in because it seems like a great ride.

Anyways, I have a riding partner like I said before but I prefer to ride alone. That way I can just get on and go, no "I'll meet you here", waiting, "oh where should we go?" and so on. I can't wait to see him though, he's a great kid and I haven't seen him since last summer. Hell who am I kidding, I can't wait to see my bike
Yeah riding alone is really cool but after 14 something K miles of solo riding it's nice to shake things up a bit. I would like to do a group ride some time because I've never done it (besides stalking groups I don't know). I've met some other riders recently through Krav maga and also through that one friend so perhaps we'll organize something. He told me about this guy with a 1098 that is even crazier than he is. That will probably be interesting... Not sure if it's going to be the good kind.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the end result of the last time I decided to try and keep up with one of my crazier riding buddies ....

Me on my GixSix ... I didn't try to run because I had a passenger with me, and I don't take any chances if anybody else could get hurt besides me ... (my riding bud decided to go ahead and make a break for it, so he got away) ....

Old 05-10-2011, 07:40 AM

looks like alot of you have the same problem i have. no one to ride with. or maybe thats a good thing. Either way, if anyone is ever in southern ohio let me know and we'll do a ride.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:26 AM

I used to ride with this guy back in college that was pretty crazy/reckless on his bike. His bike definitely reflected his riding style, it was an 05 Kawi 636 with mismatching white and grey unpainted plastics with a bent subframe and exhaust. He usually rode in a t-shirt and shorts, but a couple times he came out in shorts, no shirt, and flip flops (helmet only because it's a state law). He would complain every now and then that we only rode twisty roads and not enough highway blasting

Old 05-10-2011, 09:47 AM

I just got my bike two weeks ago and most of my friends got rid of their biked a few years ago. Well my buddy that works at Victory just picked up an 07 ZX6R so we've been riding and then my friend with the Interceptor. Both are level headed guys. We are all on agreement not to ride to hard and stay with each other when riding together. Were all fairly new riders so the last thing we want is to get hurt or get in trouble

Old 05-10-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName

So, how many of you have a riding buddy that's a little too much loco from time to time and how do you or have you dealt with it?

(PS: I just found out he's wrecked three cars in his life time..)
Haha. This alone would be enough to keep me from riding with him. I'd be happy to meet up with him and hang out or whatever but I don't want to ride with people who put themselves or others in danger (besides the obvious dangers of riding) when it's not necessary.

I like waking up early too. If I get up late I feel like my day is over....just an awful way to start the day.
I don't like waking up early but there is something magical about a late night/early morning ride!

Originally Posted by 9-5=4rr
Pfftt ... who needs to sleep in the first place !?!?!?! .... =D ... javajavajavajavajava!!!!! .... lmao
+100000

(though started hanging out again since a few months ago due to a common interest i.e. when I found out he got the Gixxer).

Hehehe. Should have been your first clue :P
Originally Posted by pittsm
looks like alot of you have the same problem i have. no one to ride with. or maybe thats a good thing.
Perhaps.... (I like to ride alone or with a pillion most of the time(80%/10%) and with a group on occasion (10%?)

Originally Posted by DammitMike
He would complain every now and then that we only rode twisty roads and not enough highway blasting
Hahaha

Originally Posted by Ls1Tuner_06
I just got my bike two weeks ago and most of my friends got rid of their biked a few years ago. Well my buddy that works at Victory just picked up an 07 ZX6R so we've been riding and then my friend with the Interceptor. Both are level headed guys. We are all on agreement not to ride to hard and stay with each other when riding together. Were all fairly new riders so the last thing we want is to get hurt or get in trouble
OP- listen to this guy! He's got the idea!
LS1/Cody- Congrats on the new bike! I must have missed the new bike thread but I know you've been looking! What did you get?! Ride safe and welcome to the family!!!

Old 05-10-2011, 05:47 PM

funny thing is my crazy riding buddy is a ****ing good rider so I can't say much :P

Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 PM

My buddy was a little nuts at first on his, talking about hitting way over 100 on his first ride and all that. I eventually ended up talking to him about it. He got kinda pissy but then the next day he said I only did 55 up so and so road and it was so much fun and yada yada. Now he has me lead usually when we ride cause I stay within 5 mph of the speed limit and he likes to do 70 in a 55. Which is fine around here in a car but not on a bike, go figure, so I keep us both in check usually.

We've both had our bikes for about a month or so but it's definitely fun riding with someone else. Especially in twisties when you've got it leaned over and glance in you're mirror and see another bike right with you. It's a good feeling, makes the every hour or so breaks a lot more enjoyable as well.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, no endorsement here, If you cross the lines, it means you suck! period. The challenge is to ride fast and NOT cross the lines.

No one deserves to be maimed/die trying to avoid some immature, irresponsible jerk. Or be haunted with having had a hand (no matter how in-voluntary) in his death.

It's fine if you pull a darwin, solo, but it's NOT cool to put others at risk, as well. And that IS what he's doing. By riding with him you are condoning his stupidity. Sooner or later, it WILL happen.

Don't be a part of it. Convince him, if you can, drop him if you can't.

Ern

Last edited by MadHattr059; 05-10-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quick Reply: Crazy riding buddy?