Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crazy riding buddy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 AM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like three of us are good early morning riding buddies ha ha

Old 05-10-2011, 03:43 AM

thats because were cool. great minds think alike.

my one friend used to ride buuuuut one time he decided to run from the cops when he was drunk. care to take a guess as to how that turned out and why he doesnt anymore? Itll catch up to you eventually. F*ck him ride within your limits and where youre comfortable at. If he wants to speed ahead of you then pull over and wait all the time it sounds like a lot less fun for him. Maybe hell get sick of riding with you or adjust to you instead. You should try riding even slower than him for a while and see if he starts slowing down too

Old 05-10-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
looks like three of us are good early morning riding buddies ha ha
now only if we werent separated by those pesky blue ocean things

Old 05-10-2011, 03:47 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by nickp123
now only if we werent separated by those pesky blue ocean things
yea, assume on right, you in middle, me in left

Old 05-10-2011, 04:05 AM

Hahaha I wonder why everyone on this thread so far likes to ride early morning?

Its such a nice night out right now, I'll be sure to get a summer night ride in because it seems like a great ride.

Anyways, I have a riding partner like I said before but I prefer to ride alone. That way I can just get on and go, no "I'll meet you here", waiting, "oh where should we go?" and so on. I can't wait to see him though, he's a great kid and I haven't seen him since last summer. Hell who am I kidding, I can't wait to see my bike

Old 05-10-2011, 04:24 AM

Yeah i know the feeling. Only 2 more days till im home from school and i get to see her. woof. I like riding early in the morning because a) im a night person if you havent figured that out from some of my other threads/comments and im always up till like 6am anyway so its something to do besides lay in bed b) a lot of times id be working till 2-3am since i work at a bar in the summer sooo when i get off work theres only 1-2 other ways that are just as effective to relieve the stress and relax from a long night of work and c) like i said before, all the roads are empty, theres a lot less to worry about, youre the only one on the road pretty much so its nice. Plus i just like being out at night and its nice and cool and refreshing.

edit: less coppers too. i get to be a little less paranoid and can go more than 5 over the speed limit without worrying ill get pulled over every 2 seconds

Last edited by nickp123; 05-10-2011 at 04:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 AM
August 2011 ROTM

I am a morning person. I will wake up early just to ride on empty street

Old 05-10-2011, 04:51 AM

I like waking up early too. If I get up late I feel like my day is over....just an awful way to start the day.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:30 AM

Pfftt ... who needs to sleep in the first place !?!?!?! .... =D ... javajavajavajavajava!!!!! .... lmao

Old 05-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nickp123
thats because were cool. great minds think alike.

my one friend used to ride buuuuut one time he decided to run from the cops when he was drunk. care to take a guess as to how that turned out and why he doesnt anymore? Itll catch up to you eventually. F*ck him ride within your limits and where youre comfortable at. If he wants to speed ahead of you then pull over and wait all the time it sounds like a lot less fun for him. Maybe hell get sick of riding with you or adjust to you instead. You should try riding even slower than him for a while and see if he starts slowing down too
Well I might have him make look worse than he actually is. He'll speed up and I'll catch up to him without having to go nuts myself. It might take me a minute or so on the highway but it's mostly bursts. We were riding two days ago and there was a GTR behind me. As soon as I saw it I knew my friend was going to race it. The GTR sped up and I saw my friend accelerating. I accelerated a bit too (just over 100 I think, nothing too crazy) and backed off because I went through a tunnel. The GTR driver must have been a bit wacky too because he started switching lanes like a mad man. My friend had some fun and backed off (he does have some common sense in him it seems ). Moments like that are fun. I'll rip it open from time to time on an empty road and see how long I can keep up (or at least stay close) on my 600. I'm fine with that when the road allows it. It's just doing stupid **** like crossing a solid line to pass a bunch of people that worries me. I don't think he'll get sick of me because I'm a fast rider, just not nuts. He can be relatively mellow, cruising on the highway unless another 900/1000 or fast car tries pass him. I'm sure he appreciates my input from time to time and he's had some 'perhaps I shouldn't do that again, I scared myself." moments which keep him in check. If he wasn't such a cool guy off the bike I probably wouldn't ride less with him as much. I've known him for 10 years easily (though started hanging out again since a few months ago due to a common interest i.e. when I found out he got the Gixxer).

I just hope I won't be posting a crash story any time soon!

Last edited by UnderAssumedName; 05-10-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Crazy riding buddy?