Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crappy Ass Parking Lot = 1... Me=0

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crappy *** Parking Lot = 1... Me=0

sucks bro, thats why i carry a little chunk of wood in my trunk...they sell used hockey pucks with slots cut out for your kickstand too

Old 06-22-2007, 12:38 AM

You guys may want to check into something like this as well http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydire...%20Pad/Class1/although if whatever you're using now works, more power to you.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:40 AM

let me start off by saying I dont necessarily agree with what I'm about to say. I disagree with those of you that it is not the apartment complex's fault. I think a good argument could be made by your lawyer, as they are the ones responsible for the upkeep of there property. Just like if some one slips on the sidewalk infront of your house, the short answer is your responsible, because you should have put salt down/ shoveled the snow off the sidewalk. If someone accidently stepped in that hole above and broke there ankle do you think that the person would not be able to get her medical bills paid by the apartment complex? Is it right? well thats up for debate, she probably should of been paying attention, but unfortunatly the law doesnt see it that way and more often then not, if it is a bigger company they will just settle with you in order not to get involved in a legal battle with the possiblity of having negative press out for the world to see, or have to pay there expensive lawyers in order to go to court with you.
Please keep us up to date, I would like to know what your lawyer has to say about this.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:37 AM

Quick question. Is your helmet pink?

Old 06-22-2007, 04:26 AM

So Rbrandon if I live in a complex an my truck got broken into would they be responsible for replacing what was stolen?

Old 06-22-2007, 04:29 AM

Are you sure you didn't get bumped by a car? It looks like you parked behind a car and your pic has a good sized
scrape before the indention of the stand.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:18 AM

Most places have signs or policies that say they're not responsible for damage/theft to vehicles/personal propertyin the parking lot. Normally they specifically say "vehicles". By parking in their lot, you agree not to hold them liable for any damages to to your personal property. Physical injury is something else, and more than likely could be used to hold them liable.

So bottom line, if you would have been riding your bike into the parking lot and hit a pothole and fell and got injured, they'd be liable because you got injured, I don't know if they'd be liable for bike damage in that case, but I would think that they would normally agree to cover that as well to appease you from really taking them to the cleaners. The fact that the bike fell and got damaged, but you weren't injured may be a tough one and unless you have a good lawyer, you may be out of luck.

I also agree, seek out a lawyer that has a "no payment unless you win" policy and make sure that you're not agreeing to other fees in a contract. Also, be sure that your suit includes the cost for any and all legal fees along with the cost to repair the bike. Make sure your suit is reasonable and that you don't try to extort profit money from them. They'll be more likely to agree to an out-of-court settlement for reasonable and customary payment than if you try to clean them out.

Fortunately for me though, where I work they have concrete pads for motorcycles to park on. Pretty nice. Only problem is that there's no shade.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:19 AM

its been hot here in SD for like a week and now there is a big whole where i park my bike. its worse then yours. but i had mine there from morning to night and it did not fall yet. i have a bike cover tho and it keeps it cool underthere with the shade and all.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: therabbit

Quick question. Is your helmet pink?
Passenger helmet is. I carried mine inside with me.

The area under the top layer is freaking hollow! Noticed that today. I think that with it being hollow, that something needs to be done by them. My lawyer agreed and if they dont agree to fix, there will be a lawsuit filed on Monday. Good thing is my laywer wont accept payment unless the case is won. From the damage done, the estimate from local shops, laywer would be my cheapest bet to getting it fixed right now.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:56 PM

Dude good luck! Even if the owner of the complex settles, which they wont, they will just settle for the damage to the bike. Then buddy your stuck with the lawyer fees. Im sure your lawyer fees will be more that it cost to fix the bike. There is no way possible that the apt complex is responsible. Like stated earlier by another memeber, Im sure there is a sign up that says they are not responsible for damage to vehicles. If there isnt a sign Ill be willing to bet a 20 bucks or a half a months salary that it was in the lease that you signed. Think about it anyways, could you tell from looking at the asphalt before the hole that there was a hollow layer? Now ask ya self, How was the apt spose to know?

Quick Reply: Crappy Ass Parking Lot = 1... Me=0