Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craigslist

Man this is just kind of an applause to Craigslist, but I'm curious too...

This last weekend I've emptied out my closets and garage. Which really just boils down to a ton of computer parts and some random things here and there. Anyway, I started selling some stuff becauseI just bought a 929 that needs some TLC, and I wanted to sink some cash into it right away and the next thing you know, it's Monday afternoon and I'd made $575 (and some sales still pending), ALL FROM CRAIGSLIST. Just selling random stuff.

Anyway, I just posted some other listings and it made me wonder if anyone here has actually sat down and just made some jack using Craigslist? It's a gold-mine. I'm thinking about selling stuff for other people for a fee... I only work part-time anyway, lol.

Anyone?

Old 01-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Default RE: Craigslist

I've sold quite a few things including 2 cars on craigslist...The stuff usually goes pretty quick too..

funny story: I had a wood swing set in my yard that was no longer needed, so i put an ad on craigslist for " free wood swing set". I made the mistake of putting my cell # in the ad. i posted it at 11pm on a tuesday and starting on wendsday at 5 am the calls began to roll in, averaging one every 3 minutes (no joke) .. even after removing my number at 3 pm wends. they still called.. I had over 70 calls on wendsday.. never again will i post the word Free with my phone #

Old 01-31-2008, 04:00 PM

It does work. I sold furniture, a treadmill and other misc. things there. It's crazy the amount of responses you get from people.

As a matter of fact that's where I got my bike a few years ago. Good find!

Keep up the good work. Make that mod money!

Old 01-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ also where i got my bike from!

Old 01-31-2008, 04:17 PM

CL is really good stuff. Got to love a garage sale on the internet. I've sold 2 cars, and4 bikes on it. I've purchased 1 car, and 2 motorcycles off it. Then there's alwasy the misc. house hold items that get picked up.A leather couch and love seat for $50 bucks (lady going thru a divorce), then sold my old beat up sectional for $300. That worked out nicely for me.

The only part that is bugging me about CL where I'm at, is that dealer's are starting to throw their listings on it, so you have to wade thru all this crap everyday so maybe see something new.

I think there should be a beginners class tutorial about CL rules, w/a quiz that people have to take before listing.

Ex.
1) No caps
2) If your selling something, show pictures
3) Check your spelling
4) Do you really think your POS is really worth that much? It's not.

My wife calls me a CL elitists, maybe I am, but I won't waste my time.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Banned

Manic,

Do you by chance frequent the KC, MO. List? It's happening there a TON more recently. I'm conflicted, while I don't think they should spam it, I do feel I've seen some decent deals through dealer ads. But where do you draw the line? 5 dealer ads a month? 1 a week? None? Dunno...

It sucks though the way it is. [:@]

Old 01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Manic
I think there should be a beginners class tutorial about CL rules, w/a quiz that people have to take before listing...

4) Do you really think your POS is really worth that much? It's not.
ORIGINAL: Manic
sold my old beat up sectional for $300. That worked out nicely for me.
Haha, good stuff. I nominate for Best Of Craigslist!

Old 01-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Retired Moderator

I put my bike on Craigslist, but nobody in my area wants to buy a bike during the winter...sonsabitches! I plan on putting some musical equipment on there pretty soon. I would imagine that the bigger city you live in would net you more calls.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I put my bike on Craigslist, but nobody in my area wants to buy a bike during the winter...sonsabitches!
No Its not because of winter,No one want's your bike. [sm=laughat.gif]

Old 01-31-2008, 08:55 PM

I have 2 bass guitars, practice amp, computer, stereo system and had a bong and water pipe on CL. Tons of emails, but no takers yet. Still happy either way, most responses Ive had on the items with any other kind of sellers media.

Quick Reply: Craigslist