Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Court date

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Court date

Hey guys I received a ticket on April 5 of this year and went to my original court date on May 3 and plead not guilty. I and several others who plead not guilty were told to fill out a plea form with my address and phone number (about 25 others). They told me they would call or send a notice in the mail about when my next court date should be. Well obviously that was back in May and here it is 4 months later and I have not heard a damn thing from anybody about when my court date is supposed to be. I'm thinking maybe they realized they didn't have a case and decided to drop it. Is this wishful thinking? Should I return to the courthouse and inquire about it to make sure I'm not going to be arrested the next time I'm pulled over b/c of a possible warrant? Any insight from anybody (especially police officers or court workers) would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I was pulled over by a state trooper back in July because of a license plate placement violation (got a warning), but he didn't say anything about a warrant or missed court date or anything. Maybe I'm free and clear?

Old 09-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Court date

well i got a ticket awhile back and then i got a few others later on.. anyways when i was paying them off one of them got over looked by me and the courts , when i pulled up my dmv driving record i saw i had a FTA (failure to appear) along with the original ticket . when i went down to the court house they told me that i hadnt been paying on it and it go tover looked (over 1 year and no one noticed) but when i went in the woman said i had to make a court date right away to take care of it, other wise a warrant could be issued .

as for your situation id go down or call ur local court house where they deal with traffic tickets and u can find out from them whats going on. if they did schedule a court date for you and you missed it you'll probably have a fta and that can lead to a warrant . better to be safe then sorry. just call them up and find out

Old 09-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Default RE: Court date

Even if it was dropped, you would (should) have been notified by mail or phone that the case has been dropped and dismissed. As much as it sucks, I would call to make sure nothing has cone threw, and there is no NTA out and you arent in NCIC.