Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

could it be possible ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: could it be possible ?

shame on you for keepin secrets

Old 08-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I rode the 06 model for a month - was my son's bike, so didn't push it to the limit.(too damned scared anyway)[X(]
My normal ride is a CBR1000F so the weight of the bike wasn't an issue - you don't feel it when she's rolling .
I enjoyed the bike immensely - excellent power right through the range, good roll on and accelleration in any gear, and it corners very well for a bike of its size - let's not forget it isn't a pure sportsbike, but it'll flick through the twisties with no fuss.
I'm told the 00 was the best of the bunch, but delimiting the bike is simple, if you feel the need, but with 170 + HP at the rear end it really is academic.
Buy it, Havoc, you'll love it - I prefer it to the litre class sports bikes - but then I'm an old codger = don't like to run at more than 270 (bad for my heart) he he
My buddy Dave rides one, and swears by it. Have a look at the Hayabusa website too - they have almost a cult following worldwide.
Post some pics when she's home.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:31 AM

Speaking of huge bikes.. I was browsing this page a while ago and they seem to like the big ones for sport touring. The biggest bike I've ever been on was a 1000. Hayabusas look kind of awkward they're so large. But I can see how a bigger bike could make a more comfortable and stable one.. my next door neighbor has a goldwing :P I dunno how twisties are on those big bikes.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:29 AM

don't get me wrong i'm a true Honda guy, it's all i've ever owned and my family has ever owned. but a true motorcycle enthusiast just loves bikes all kinds and i am that also. yo can't go wrong w/2 wheels. good luck and enjoy.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride with a few guys that have them and they are not lacking in the handling department, at all. It's partly the rider of course, but when it's time to haul *** they're right up front.

I'm glad you posted this thread, I like a lot of different bikes and it's good to hear some positive feedback.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:55 AM

I've never been on one......But I assume its like anything else...... If enough other people love them, there must be something to it!!! I say go for it. Just dont forget to give us some feedback.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:31 AM

if its a god deal and you like it, then what are you waiting for? I would just kill myself on one so I need to stick to the 600's, plus I like my 50mpg

Old 08-24-2008, 08:36 AM
VP

Lots of people give hayabusa's bad names, but I'd love to see somebody who knows how to ride give it a go on that bike.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

my buddy has a busa and he lets me ride it sometimes that bike is ZERO fun to ride unless ALL you do is freeway riding.. it's SO heavy it's a pain in the a$$ to turn.. and the bike sure it's comfortable but man its just no fun to ride for me.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:21 PM

they cant be all that bad they are the first bike to be wind tunnel tested to help with the design of the bike. suzuki put alot of time a love into the busa thats for sure