Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

could it be possible ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default could it be possible ?

are there any honda owners on here that also have a hayabusa in their stable as well?
have the chance to get one and im honestly considering it..think what you may but its actually a nice bike a little heavy but not impossible to take to the twisties. i enjoy riding the canyons and traveling a distance on a bike and i think that this might actually be a happy medium also condsidering im 6"1 240 lbs the busa fits me rather well

i have always been a honda man (lord knows ive had enough of them....going on my 7thbike now) and i never would've considered riding a busa untill my friend brought it over for me to ride and i have to say that i was impressed. i keep an open mind id like to think riding all kinds of bikes but never seriously considered owning anything other than a honda...untill now

so if all you want to do is bash the busa keep your comments to your self , anyone who wants to have an actual conversation about pluses and negatives and open minded opinions please feel free to post

Old 08-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: could it be possible ?

Mate has one, got it before they did governing restriction (to 300 kph), although that can be undone easily with a new chip. I like em, sound bloody terrific, go like a scalded cat, look good, & from all Ive heard, they handle as well. why wouldnt you want one?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:13 PM

no need for anyone to bash you, we all love bikes especially fast one's. GO FOR IT!
are you still going to keep your honda to?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:26 PM

I'm impressed you are not beholden to one brand...I love when someone says, for example, they'll never buy a V-twin, having never ridden a 1098 or a Harley. Experience over opinion, I say.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Friend has one, i enjoy riding it whenever i can, i call it the rolling sofa for a reason.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just think its alot of useless power. i dont see the need for more than 1k cc's but if its something you like and you find yourself having dreams about it , then go for it Havoc!!! you going to keep the Honda though? let us know what you end up doing. what color is it, by the way?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:59 PM

They can take turns...i've seen one take them at 100+ in the hill country. Granted they're not as ergonomic as a 600 but they fair well

Old 08-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

thanks for the opinions gentlemen. its a 00 i beleieve which would mean it does not have the govenor in it. blue and silver and completely chromed out. not stretched and lowered but the rims , swing arm, frame, triple tree, calipers, rear sets ..etc are chrome (alot of polishing every weekend....) full yoshi system, power commander, db windscreen, solo seat, flush mounts, FE kit, it has a 200 in the rear also has upgraded fully adjustable suspension and i think an HID kit.

ill try and get a picture of it soon. im getting it from my friend who did all the work so i know its been done right. motor torn down and rebuilt same with the tranny.

also sorry to say this but i havent had my honda in almost a month now......[:-]

i didnt tell anyone else except my fellow mods and admins but i was out of the country for a while and i decided to sell my bike before i left. i went to vietnam and now that im back ive been using my brothers 03 R1 but its time for my own bike. i've been looking @ getting a 04-07 1krr but the deal on the busa is wayyyy to good to pass up. my friend also has a 1krr he is bringing over for me tomorrow to show me to see if i like that depending on how that is ( i dont know anything about it) i might stay with the honda but if not i might be a busa owner AND NOT the chrome skull cap wearing , t-shirt and sandles hey look at what i got i can beat you hahahah douche bags . rather the one you see in full leathers showing respect to the bike yet the occasional 220+ mph pass down the country road im kidding ! haha maybe only 160 :P

so either way i will keep you guys/gals updated on the situation i should be making a choice this coming week. so untill then im rockin my 03 tahoe on dubz and the 03 R1 .....

damn its hard being me

Old 08-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i cant stand all the chrome and polish, i think its too much to clean, lol......but to each their own. you should put up pics of the bikes and let us make the decision for you

Old 08-24-2008, 12:31 AM

friend rides one with his 90 lbs girflfriend on the back through the twisties pretty well, but this guy can ride lol. hell do wheelies on it with heer on it... first time i saw it i was like omg you idiot, but i realized that he is really good, and his gurls doesnt mind lol she is a really good passanger, been on the back of his bike a long time... i wudnt want one, but i can understand y you would want one lol. they look like a comfy ride.