Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

cops riding motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cops riding motorcycles

I wave to everyone as well (scooters too, I don't discriminate. )

I also wave to officers in their cars as well. I know a few of them, and since they all drive the exact same vehicle, I wave to all. Most of the time, they all wave back. Hopefully one day when I get pulled over, they'll be like "aren't you the guy that waves to me all the time?" and he'll let me off with a warning. Oh, the fantasy I live in.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^LOL! and what a fantasy it is!

I was splitting lanes in traffic the other day (legal in CA) on my way to work and there was a cop behind me splitting lanes as well. So, I let him pass me and then I followed him. We were splitting lanes and he cleared the way for me all the way to work, which was like 20 miles. It was awesome! I never got to work so fast before in such bad traffic.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:16 AM

i waived to the hayabusa OHP officer and he waived back... seemed cool to me

Old 04-07-2008, 03:27 AM

Goodness whats so special about cops riding motorcycles? Lol the amount of hits this thread has received awes me. You people act as if cops are some robots that aren't even people.
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]Cheers

Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Banned

My town is 4 square miles, we have 4 cops on the road (or in speed traps) at any given time. I wave like a mental patient in a parade at them when they are parked. I know there aren't too many bright yellow Hondas in this town (or perfect 1970 454 Vettes) so I hope they know me and maybe one day cut me a break.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:27 AM

ORIGINAL: DFour

i waived to the hayabusa OHP officer and he waived back... seemed cool to me
I think the last thing Oklahoma's militant police force needs is more money, cars, or employees.. but this is cool..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sjQQClHRd...eature=related
http://ohpbusa.blogspot.com/2006/06/...-hayabusa.html

Old 04-07-2008, 09:00 AM

ORIGINAL: be vertical
As for the cruisers... MOST of them will wave back, most. Its only the big fat burly and proud dudes with mutton chops and the leather vests, who are all secretly still in the closet, that wont wave back.
That's the only guy who didn't wave back to me two days ago on my ride. You know him too?

Around here cops don't ride motorcycles at all. I do wave to the officers in cars though.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

I think the last thing Oklahoma's militant police force needs is more money, cars, or employees.. but this is cool..
I actually saw one of the Police Hyabusa's in person... thankfully it wasn't because he was after me!

I try to wave when I Think the cop will see me, I figure that if I wave and am friendly... I lessen my chances of being pulled over. (Like, they were busy seeing me wave and waving back, instead of eyeing my bike over for "problems" and watching the speed gun with great enthusiasm.)

Old 04-07-2008, 10:31 AM

There are very few bikes cop where I ride so I never see them when i'm on the bike, but if I do I will wave. I waved at all the bike yesterday,but I was a dick and did not wave at the two scooters LOL!

Old 04-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Banned

Hey they're on two wheels, wave at 'em or yer no better than those snobby Harley guys. You'd be surprised to see most of them wave back, but I wouldn't be offended if they didn't.

Those Road Kings are huge. I've ridden a Police Edition and when they're fully dressed, there's a ton of stuff on those things. Plus they have to wear those ghey *** boots.

I wouldn't be flappin' my arms in public if I had to wear those!

Quick Reply: cops riding motorcycles