Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

cops riding motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cops riding motorcycles

To wave or not to wave to a cop. this question gets asked of me a lot. I always tell people i do respond with a wave or a head nod every time I SEE someone waving. While looking through a laser scope you sometimes miss a wave and some think your an ***. I do wave back when riding on duty and also while riding off duty. I even wave back to the ones that don't wave with all 5 fingers, I do use all 5 in waving back though.
To me its funny when working on the Harley the cruiser riders wave more frequently then the sportbike riders and when on the Honda a lot of cruiser riders won't respond and the sportbike riders will. lol

Better for them to remember me as the 'guy who waved' than the '***** who ran.' Well said sixhundredrr I do agree with you well said.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13947/A87BE33A7593461382D774A5836700CF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-06-2008, 10:04 PM

Well whatever, life is to short to think your toocool to wave because you have 10,000 in chrome accesories..
Just remember "Chrome won't get ya home". Thay had a few choice words about chrome show-crap on horsepower TV this morning, or whatever I was watching.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

I wave to em wether (sp) bike or regular car. Better for them to remember me as the 'guy who waved' than the '***** who ran.'
I do the exact same thing, wave to everyone one i see. .
+1 you guys. I guess I am a...blue noser?

Old 04-06-2008, 10:19 PM
RCR

We have alot of Chips here in So cal. They all wave back, Never had one wave first.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:32 PM

I have a good friend, now a PD sergeant, that was a motor for quite a while, and his insight is the same as RTB's. He waves, they wave, it's all good. It's not 'fraternization' with the public. Hell, I appreciate any sign of camaraderie, no matter what language that hand goes up in: cruiser, sport, enforcement, supermoto, even...well, with scooters I tend to point and chuckle rather than wave, but, you know, it's the thought that counts...

Old 04-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did that a couple weeks ago too with a pair of Pierce County Sherrifs...No wave back though...
RB

Old 04-06-2008, 10:52 PM

every one waves to every one around here..unless its during the sturgis rally, more people getting shot off of there bikes than anything..i hate this hell hole during the rally..what a joke and waste of my time..

Old 04-06-2008, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Like I said, something I wondered but, oddly enough, I've never passed a cop. I wave to everybody except scooters...even waved to a motorized wheel chair on the sidewalk once.

My cuz is a Harley rider, and he will only wave to other Harleys...which I give him absolute hell for since it's his dad's Harley. But whatever...a biker is a biker...except for scooter riders. They are tools.
umm wouldnt the person in the motorized wheel chair think u r making fun of him or something?

Old 04-06-2008, 11:48 PM

Once I wave at a mall security guard on one of those two wheel gyro scooter deals. He waved back like a five year old, pretty hilarious.

I have had cops wave back to me, but like the consensus, none of them make the initiative. I also try to kiss *** and wave to local cops and staties if im not flying past them. Usually get a reply....

As for the cruisers... MOST of them will wave back, most. Its only the big fat burly and proud dudes with mutton chops and the leather vests, who are all secretly still in the closet, that wont wave back.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:09 AM

I too wave to everyone except scooters

Quick Reply: cops riding motorcycles