Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cop wave?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cop wave?

I never thought about it until it happened, do you guys wave at motorcycle cops? I thought about it after I passed on and didn't know what the proper gesture was.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Default RE: Cop wave?

i have to one guy he was on the side of the road with his radar gun and he waved first

Old 08-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Mad

I live next to a police station so I give the deuce every time I see them, which is quite a bit. They usually return the gesture or nod. They have even pulled up next to me and we've exchanged the standard "Be safe" and off we go.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:24 PM

I wave to stopped cops... moving cops... and bike cops... they are all doing their job protecting me and my belongings... I always think that maybe that wave or nod of appreciation adds a little bit of positive to their day. Remember, these guys deal with the worst of the worst and they may have an attitude every now and then but you would too in their position. Besides, they may remember the little red sportbike rider in red gear that said "hey, hows your day going" and give me a break if I make a mistake. I say 'hey... how's it going' as many chances as I get.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:28 PM

good perspective six...not everybody has that view of cops, and trust me, it definitely is appreciated.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:30 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

I wave to stopped cops... moving cops... and bike cops... they are all doing their job protecting me and my belongings... I always think that maybe that wave or nod of appreciation adds a little bit of positive to their day. Remember, these guys deal with the worst of the worst and they may have an attitude every now and then but you would too in their position. Besides, they may remember the little red sportbike rider in red gear that said "hey, hows your day going" and give me a break if I make a mistake. I say 'hey... how's it going' as many chances as I get.
yes..thats the way it should be. I wave to all the cops i see because of this. it might do you good..but it will definatly not do you harm.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

+1

Old 08-30-2007, 08:37 PM

i wave to all motorcyclists.. even the friendly scooterist.. the only thing that gets me wondering when i wave to a cop is maybe "is he signaling me for help or just waving?" i mean it makes no sense right? but that's how my mind works..

they do have to deal with some alot of a-holes - it's nice to get a wave or a thumbs up now and then..

Old 08-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My feeling for officers is fairly well known here, so of course I wave. I appreciate all that they do.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:55 PM

Might just make some dudes day with a friendly gesture. Even with typical small talk. Im sure they appreciate it. I imagine I would. Ain't it "treat others how you would like to be treated"? Somethin like that. Never know, the guy might give you a break some day!

Quick Reply: Cop wave?